portrait

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

portrait

Postby pucara on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:17 pm

I want to share with all of your my first portrait, this was take with one light but I had a bad background, I do not used any PP. any help to improve this I will appreciate thanks. [img][img]http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v149/1/14/804654242/n804654242_198861_7936.jpg[/img][/img] :oops:
pucara

Postby Oz_Beachside on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:30 pm

thanks for sharing! well done, great job.

Your exposure is right on, and a white jacket is a challenge.

Lots of good points in this shot,
exposure is right on. nice catchlights in her eyes. the shadows across her face are softish. I like your light placement, looks about 45 degrees to left, here, I would have added somehting to bounce the light on camera right side. it would fill the shadows nicely. a piece of white paper works well, cardboard, a white wall (hard to move walls, but easy to ask subject to stand closer to wall). I think a bounce card for fill would lighten her chest area, and bring out some detail in the necklace too.

sometimes I mount lights higher, just over head, provides closer to natural light, as we are used to seeing the sun overhead.

something I check before I click, is what is around the subjects head. sometimes I can move easily, to move the background, in this case, the pipes, or corner, what ever those dark edges are, distract the eye a little, but still well taken none the less.

love to see you at the january workshop again! (check the calendar).
Oz_Beachside

Postby pucara on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:57 pm

thanks oz for your comment, I tried to remember all we learned on the last workshop but I couldn't thanks for remainder same basic points. for sure you see me on january carlos
pucara

Return to Post Processing