Buying 120 film in Hobart

For those in places other than Straya.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Buying 120 film in Hobart

Postby whitey on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi - its like the commonwealth games, no Tassy sub forum :violin:

Anyone know a place I can get 120 film in Hobart. Dont want to risk the xray machines (last time in the 80's my films got fried.)
D80, 50mm F/1.8, 18-70mm DX, Sigma 10-20mm
whitey

Re: Buying 120 film in Hobart

Postby who on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm

whitey wrote:Hi - its like the commonwealth games, no Tassy sub forum :violin:

Anyone know a place I can get 120 film in Hobart. Dont want to risk the xray machines (last time in the 80's my films got fried.)

If the main camera places don't have it - you'll have to order it in from the big desolate island to the north :wink:
I'd say try asking at Stallards and the other camera place on the corner as you walk from the city up to Macquarie St....
Old D200+extras
who

Re: Buying 120 film in Hobart

Postby who on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Here is a website
http://www.midcitycamera.com.au/index.html

Fujifilm have a listing, if that is the flavour you are wanting?
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol ... s&z=200039

If that C&P doesn't work, go to www.yellowpages.com.au and search Camera Film & Hobart TAS as the location.

And if you aren't down here yet, I'd seriously suggest phoning these places to check if/what they have, not an email. The range of items available down here can be sparse, or hideously expensive.

Leads to a self-fulfilling prophesy when those of us who live here buy our stuff via fleabay, mail order/webshops or on trips back to the big desolate island.......
Old D200+extras
who

Return to The Rest Of The World