Some Bali tips please

For those in places other than Straya.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Some Bali tips please

Postby robert on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 am

We're goin to Bali in a couple of weeks. Its not my first choice for an OS hol (they dont come around too often for us) but we are going with the In-laws and with a energetic 2 year old boy, one doesnt say no to babysitters!

Any tips on places to visit, things to do, food etc as well as good photog spots. We will be staying in Legion and there for 10 days.

Thanks
Robert
Robert
EOS 5D Mk II, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200f4 IS, 50 f1.8, 100 macro, 300D (IR Mod)
robert

Re: Some Bali tips please

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Robert, the first tip is to relax and have a great time on one of the world’s most beautiful islands.

Everywhere you look there will be ample photo opportunities but to start I would highly recommend Ubud. The art centre of Bali with plenty to see and do. There is a rice paddy walk that might just introduce your camera to the multi-coloured dragonflies and other flying subjects. Oh! And did I say that Ubud is only 13km from Denpasar!

I could go on and on about the temples, the restaurants (especially one that opens each night on the beach, I just can’t remember the name), the people - you’ll love it.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Killakoala on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Put a lock on your backpack and keep your wallet in your front trouser pocket. Don't drink anything with ICE in it. Drink only bottled water. Do not drink tap-water. (Bintang is much better anyway.) Be wary of salads that might have been washed in tap-water. Make sure everyone has Aerogard or Rid on if you are out at night. (Mossies!!! I'm sure you don't want to get malaria or encephalitis)

I also echo what Chris said. It is a truly beautiful place outside of Denpasar or Nusa Dua. The mountain views are quite extraordinary. There is even a chance to ride an elephant through the rain forest. Beats walking :)

The Balinese people are very friendly and a wonderful race of people. The Sumatrans who are likely to be the ones hawking crap to you in the streets, less so. They eventually will stop annoying you if you say 'no thank you' (Or tidak tresima kasih)
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Killakoala wrote:The Sumatrans who are likely to be the ones hawking crap to you in the streets, less so. They eventually will stop annoying you if you say 'no thank you' (Or tidak tresima kasih)

That’s where I went wrong, I told them to feck off :shock:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to The Rest Of The World