Gitzo Price Rise

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Gitzo Price Rise

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:47 am

I have received an email from Kirk Photo saying that Gitzo tripod prices will rise on May 1st. I am not sure if this will be US specific or worldwide.

Maybe now is the time to take the Gitzo plunge 8)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Glen on Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:59 am

A novel way of dealing with the competition provided by Benro :lol:
Glen

Postby DaveB on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:00 pm

At least in North America, my understanding was that the Gitzo prices went up on the 1st of March, although some retailers have been clearing old stock at the old prices.
Sounds like Kirk's getting around to passing on the increase, which is fair enough...
DaveB

Postby DaveB on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Glen, the flip side of this is that the 10xx, 11xx, and 12xx models have been updated since Gitzo's technology was copied by Benro (e.g. I haven't seen any Benro models with ALR).
There's a rumour that the 13xx models might get similar upgrades in the approaching future, but when that might be and where it might fit into their pricing schemes is unclear.

Personally I'm not fussed by a possible upgrade, I'm busy enjoying my G1348 (although last week I also bought a Feisol CT-3402N for those times when I need a tiny tripod). Gitzo, Manfrotto, Feisol and Benro aren't the only players in the CF tripod market. But they each have a range of models with different features, and that can only be a good thing for us customers!
DaveB

Postby Glen on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Thanks Dave. Just surprised that they have a price increase right when the competition has a similar product (strikingly similar :lol: ).

Now reading your post I am sitting here fretting I may never be able to take a decent photo due to my tripod being immenently out of date. :lol: Luckily I don't have a 10, 11 or 12 series as it would already be ready for the scrapheap. Anyone want to sell their 10 series real cheap? :lol:

Geez, Dave now you have put me off my coffee! I just went to the Gitzo website to find out what ALR was (anti leg rotation) and found out there was Carbon 6X out! Now I am feeling out of date :cry:
Glen

Return to Other