who else shoots Pentax ?

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

who else shoots Pentax ?

Postby Big Red on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:43 am

Ill put my hand up.
I have a *istDS and quite a few old lenses [plus a few new ones].

cheers, Shane
Big Red

Postby Alpha_7 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:10 am

My Dad's SLR camera was a Pentax, I was too young to be allowed to use it unsupervised, and sadly it lived only a matter of 6 months, untial a freak boat/bait accident found it in a buck of sea water with 2 kgs of pilchards. - It never worked again!

I'm a Nikon man now, but I still have respect for the first SLR I got to play with, even if it was 9-10 years ago. (there is atleast one other Pentax users that comes to mind, his alias is a bit of a give away :wink: )
Alpha_7

Postby Marvin on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:03 pm

My dad and my sister both have a Pentax *istDS.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby Ivanerrol on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:40 pm

M42 SMC Takumar Pentax lenses on Voightlander Bessaflex 35mm Film camera. Original SpotmaticII and ESII died some years ago. Lenses still excellent. :D :D
Ivanerrol

Postby Heath Bennett on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:10 pm

I use my work partners *ist d (with battery grip) and *ist dl quite frequently.
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby BT*ist on Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:23 pm

Hurrah for Pentax!

My first film SLR was the Pentax MZ50 I bought for $350 or so back in 2001 prior to a Paris holiday.

I swapped over to the istDS last year on the basis of lens compatability (and some budgetary constraints). It's just a shame that my old second hand 2x multiplier and Russian Zenitar fisheye won't work on the 'DS :cry: . Thus, the longest effective zoom (600mm) and the widest possible angle (16mm) I'm capable of are still only achievable on my old camera, damnit.

On my last holiday, I ended up taking both the film and digital Pentaxes (Pentaces? Pentii?), though I didn't use the film one other than for fisheye shots. Which didn't turn out :x
BT*ist

Postby Raskill on Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:45 pm

My first SLR was a pentax 35mm. Don't know what kind, all I remember was that it cost about $600 back in 1990, and was the most expensive gift I ever got for christmas! :D
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby terminaltackle on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Yes I shoot with the istds, for the simple reason of the backward compatability of their camera to the old lenses. Pentax was my 1st slr and what can I say when you are comfortable with a product I stick with it. I would love to have the lens and accessory selection of the nikon ( I would also love to win lotto) but until then I will continue use the Pentax and push the boundarys of the equipment I have ;-)
More fishing, more sport, more photo's Pentax 1stds
terminaltackle

Postby Big Red on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:45 pm

BT*ist wrote:Hurrah for Pentax!

My first film SLR was the Pentax MZ50 I bought for $350 or so back in 2001 prior to a Paris holiday.

I swapped over to the istDS last year on the basis of lens compatability (and some budgetary constraints). It's just a shame that my old second hand 2x multiplier and Russian Zenitar fisheye won't work on the 'DS :cry: . Thus, the longest effective zoom (600mm) and the widest possible angle (16mm) I'm capable of are still only achievable on my old camera, damnit.

On my last holiday, I ended up taking both the film and digital Pentaxes (Pentaces? Pentii?), though I didn't use the film one other than for fisheye shots. Which didn't turn out :x

i have the Zenitar 16 f2.8 fisheye and use it quite often on my Ds ... what is wrong with yours?
Big Red

Postby cameraguy21773 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:24 am

Big Red -
I shoot Pentax film
ME Super (x3)
LX
MV
67 II

and Nikon Digital
D1x (x2)
D70 (x2)
regards
Mike Parker
Frederick, MD

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
cameraguy21773

Postby LOZ on Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:06 am

My daughter has a second hand Pentax *istDS. which was purched for $500 as new in the trading post this is a excellent camera and she has taken 1000s of pix over the last 3 months .We had our Casio ps stolen and were about to replaced it with another until the Pentax *istDS. came along .The quality is great and for $950 new they are a barging .Pentax don’t have VR lens so all her pix are SHARP as :lol: When I now think about it her camera cost less than half of one of my lens and she still gets pix equal to the $1000s I have spent over the past 2 years and been smaller and lighter she useses it a lot more than I use my gear .LOZ
LOZ

Return to Other