Nikon/Fuji XF adapters

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nikon/Fuji XF adapters

Postby Mj on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok time I looked at getting some use out of some my Nikon glass on the Fuji X-E1.

There are quite a few options out there ranging from cheap < $50, to medium < $100, to expensive < $200, to might-as-well-just-buy-more-glass $500. What (for those who are) are you using? Is it worth bothering at all???

I'd most likely attach my 50/1.4/D and 85/1.4/D but would probably opt for an adapter with an aperture ring to allow for any G glass.
I can't really see me using a 300mm or even a 70-200 on the Fuji though... portability being one of the key joys not to lose.
Not sure I see the logic in spending $$$ for these things when they all lose any automation at all price points all be it the Metabones supposedly gaining some light.

Please enlighten if you can...
Photography is not a crime, but perhaps my abuse of artistic license is?
Mj

Re: Nikon/Fuji XF adapters

Postby Geoff M on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm

I have not bothered with an adapter on the basis that the size of Nikon glass defeats the object of small kit size. That, and the fact you have already mentioned, loss of AF and metering is not for me. If however, I had lots of old MF lenses then I would probably consider the Metabones adapter, but I don't have any so called 'legacy' glass. Personally, I have chosen to invest in Fuji glass, x5 so far and have no regrets (most of the Nikon stuff has been sold on now anyway!).
Fuji X-Pro1 | X-E1 | X-T1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com

http://xtographer.weebly.com
Geoff M

Postby Matt. K on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Michael
I use this one that cost around $30.00. It works fine. If you get one just be aware that the little button on it is not a push down...it's a pull back. You'd be surprised how many people think the unit is faulty because they try and push the button down.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nikon-Ai-Mou ... OU:AU:3160
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby aim54x on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm

For my M43 cameras I use Voigtlander (Leica M), Novoflex (Nikon G) and Phottix (Leica M). In your case that Novoflex is G compatible (im pretty sure they make one for the Fuji X) and one of those >$200 units. Voigtlander is in that category as well (no G compatibility) and I am not sure they offer anything for Fuji X. Phottix I would have to check if they offer anything (~$75) for Fuji.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Nikon