Form a slightly longer queue to the right

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Form a slightly longer queue to the right

Postby gstark on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm

The D800 is scheduled to hit Aussie stores tomorrow, and again, there is no RRP, so you're free to haggle the best price that you can.

The fact that Nikon is no longer issuing RRPs, along with their new Peace Of Mind policy, suggests a big change in how they're approaching the Au market, and I think this can only be good for us.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Form a slightly longer queue to the right

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

It also means open season for unscrupulous dealers and that includes some big names. Unfortunately the normal shopper would have no idea of a true price.

Big mistake - setting an rrp allows for a profit level for dealers that they can even make the most of or discount for volume sales.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby gstark on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 pm

You don't think that people in the target demographic for this camera would already have an idea of where it'll be priced?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Well let’s put it this way, who on this forum would like to place a price that approaches rrp. OK I will, $1500 :biglaugh:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Nikon