Anyone bought D2X off of Ebay

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Anyone bought D2X off of Ebay

Postby shaunus on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi All,

Just out of curiosity has anyone bought a D2X off of Ebay, I've been checking the prices and a lot seem to be going for around the $5000 mark.

Anyone got anything to report if they have, good or bad? or forget all about it and go to well know dealer.

Although I am not really sure I want to spend that sort of cash on Ebay.

cheers
shaunus
you get what you get, always learn from the mistakes
shaunus

Postby wendellt on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 am

Spending $5000 on ebay is a big risk especially when you consider that you have to pay tax and other duty and have the hasle of dealing with someone you have no good reason to trust

for a litle extra you can have piece of mind buying from biddog.

I thought about it once but went with birddog because he has a exemplary record for providing these high value items with negligable hassle.
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby gstark on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:20 am

wendellt wrote:Spending $5000 on ebay is a big risk especially when you consider that you have to pay tax and other duty and have the hasle of dealing with someone you have no good reason to trust

for a litle extra you can have piece of mind buying from biddog.

I thought about it once but went with birddog because he has a exemplary record for providing these high value items with negligable hassle.

SHaunus needs to significantly raise his post count before he can buy through Birddog, but that shouldn't stop him from buying directly through HK Supplies, who we can recommend very highly.

OTOH, consider the value of your warranty on something like a D2x; if something goes wrong with the camera, what is the value to you of a Maxwell warranty?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Glen on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 am

Shaunus, $5k would buy a motor car, to give that too someone who you have no comeback on (often not even standard consumer warranties), plus they have no long term commitment to this product line, is fraught with danger. For a tiny bit more you get real piece of mind, if you cant afford the little extra you shouldn't be buying from Ebay as you always have to factor in a return trip to country of origin for warranty (even from the traders in aus).

I buy my gear through the dog that flies, the same as most others here.
Glen

Postby MattC on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:06 am

Shaunus,

As Gary said, HK Supplies. Here is the link.
http://stores.ebay.com/www-hksupplies-com
Mr Poon is a member here. If you buy from eBay, go here. You will be able to avoid the hassles with disreputable dealers.

Cheers
MattC

Return to Nikon