anyone have a Mamiya RZ67?metering problems

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

anyone have a Mamiya RZ67?metering problems

Postby redline on Tue May 01, 2007 2:17 pm

picked up a mamiya rz67, tried testing it out but it would only fire in battery-less mode 1/400 and the metering ins't working. tried cleaning the electrical contacts and replacing the battery but still nothing.

might bring it to camera clinic for a checkup unless i can find a solution here
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby Reschsmooth on Tue May 01, 2007 2:21 pm

I seem to recall I had a similar problem with the Bronica I picked up in November (although it doesn't have a metered finder). I presume you have a battery check switch/button/light? If so, does this light up? If not, ignore the previous question :)

I hope you can find an easy and cheap solution!

P
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby redline on Tue May 01, 2007 2:29 pm

yeah i tried the battery check but it acts as if there no power regardless of batteries or not. i might pickup another battery to be sure :(
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging