service for Rolleiflex TLR

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

service for Rolleiflex TLR

Postby kalkadan on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:26 am

Hi

Does anyone have recommendations or warnings about people who will service a Rolleiflex TLR - lens clean, shutter check, film transport, install a Maxwell screen - those sorts of things.

many thanks

Dan
kalkadan

Postby Nnnnsic on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:58 pm

Go to someone who regularly services Hasselblads or Bronicas or even Rolleiflex's...

I'm not sure I can see a warning for them.

At one point, I'd have had a recommendation for someone, but not only was he in Sydney, but he died a year or two ago.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby gstark on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Nnnnsic wrote: but he died a year or two ago.

That would be problematic. :)

Dan, any reputable camera service centre should be able to handle this. The Rollei isn't a particularly complex piece of hardware.

I think it's Anderson's in Brissie that are the Maxwell's service rep? That would probably be a good starting point for you.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby kalkadan on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:27 am

Thanks Gary. I'll give Maxwells a call.

In the meantime has anyone on the list used one of the US gurus in the field of maintaining the Rolleiflex TLR? I have read of Harry Fleenor and a guy on the East coast whose name escapes me. They came highly recommended in some chat sites.

Dan
kalkadan

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging