Challenge Prizes - Part 1.

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Challenge Prizes - Part 1.

Postby gstark on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:26 am

Ok, y'all.

We have some truly great prizes lined up for the current challenge, plus, with the Christmas dinner coming up, a few surprises, so we're going to tease you just a little with the prize announcements, and spread them all over the next week or two.

But for starters, I can tell you that the challenge, with its 5 prizes, is only about half the story.

Before we get to some of the prizes, we do need to acknowledge some of our benefactors who are helping with their generosity towards DSLRUsers.com, and these include Mr Poon/HK Supplies, Birddog, smac/GBC, and Thaddeus.

ok .... for the challenge, here are prizes 2 - 5:

- 2/ Benro C327
- 3/ A3 laminator (Donated by Smac/ GBC)
- 4/ Benro KB-2
- 5/ 2Gb Transcend 80x CF card

Obviously, there's quite a bit more to come, so stay tuned, but do go out and start taaking your photos. It'll be worth it, I can assure you of that.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Heath Bennett on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:30 am

WOW! The generousity here is astounding.

Thanks to Poon, Birdie, Smac and Thaddeus. BTW, the little hint in the above is really exciting! :D
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby MATT on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:17 am

Wow once again,

Poon, Birdie, Smac and Thaddeus its great for this forum to be supported in such a way.

I can only imagine what first prize will bring. :shock: :D

Good work and thanks

MATT
MATT

Postby leek on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:22 am

While I don't take part in these competitions just for the prizes (why would I? - I never even get close :lol:) - these prizes are very, very impressive and the generosity of those people who offered them is to be admired!!!
Cheers, John
Leek@Flickr | Leek@RedBubble | Leek@DeviantArt

D700; D200; Tokina 12-24; Nikkor 50mm f1.4,18-70mm,85mm f1.8, 105mm,80-400VR, SB-800s; G1227LVL; RRS BH-55; Feisol 1401
leek

Postby Killakoala on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:34 am

One word comes to mind.

AWESOME....

I really can't think of any other single word to describe the amazing generosity that i see on this forum.

I am just looking forward to the Xmas dinner and the faces of the recipients of those great prizes.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby stubbsy on Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:41 pm

Looking at the prizes offered and reflecting on the fact that this forum has no membership fees and generates no income just astounds me with the generosity of those donating these prizes. There is no doubt these have been donated because the donors genuinely want to encourage and support us in our endeavours and it yet again reminds of what a wonderful place this is and how lucky we are to be here.

I look forward to a whole bunch of interesting and challenging intrepretations of Andre's theme and, like Steve, can't wait to have a face to face meet with a whole bunch of you at the Christmas get together.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby sheepie on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 pm

stubbsy wrote:I look forward to a whole bunch of interesting and challenging intrepretations of Andre's theme...

And let's not get caught up in a "my interpretation's more right than yours" debate - rather, let's put all that energy into enjoying taking pictures!
I ditto everyone's comments on the prizes - without such generous support of our members, this forum would not be the special place it is. Well done all of you :)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby stubbsy on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:04 pm

Can I second and triple what Leon says. No debate in advance about the theme. It's reasonably well defined - out and get some pics guys. I have two possibles already (not good enough though :cry: )
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:41 pm

I'd like to re-iterate a big THANK YOU to all the generous souls that donates such awesome prizes. I am really looking forward to seeing everyones photo's, I'm sure they will reflect the forums broad range of styles and tastes. I don't think any regular post in the image review forum has an excuse not to enter at least once!
Alpha_7

Postby Heath Bennett on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:52 am

stubbsy wrote:Can I second and triple what Leon says. No debate in advance about the theme. It's reasonably well defined - out and get some pics guys. I have two possibles already (not good enough though :cry: )

I quadruple what you say about theme Peter, and double what you say about two possiblities, and mine also not being good enough :D
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby wendellt on Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:17 am

Yes you people are a COOL generous hipster bunch!

Now I better show some R E S P E C T and submit a photo!
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby Nnnnsic on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:34 pm

wendellt wrote:Now I better show some R E S P E C T and submit a photo!

That's how you show respect?!?!?! :lol: :lol:
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby wendellt on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:
wendellt wrote:Now I better show some R E S P E C T and submit a photo!

That's how you show respect?!?!?! :lol: :lol:

bud

just meant i should get off my arse and participate in these comps i never did before and in the best spirit of these comps the organizers want people to participate and be active on this forum, so in respect to that I shall submit an entry.
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Return to Announcements