Found and misplaced

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Found and misplaced

Postby gstark on Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:46 pm

A few things have turned up in places that they're not normally supposed to be following the Saturday night dinner.

Scott, my projector remote is in your capable hands; Leigh tells me that you're dropping it at Birddog's.

Great. I can collect it, along with ite projector bag and, I think, a power board, that is usually in the shopping bag that it all ws contained in.

I'll do that, of course, while I return Birdy's D2X which somehow ended up staying in Leigh's hands after Birddog returned home for the night.

As for Stubbsy's jacket, that's over at Manly with Geoff; looked great on Bel as they left the restaurant. :)

As to the weekend itself ... I think I need a few days to recover.

Thank you one and all for attending. Thank you Tran and Philo for your hard work behind the scenes, thank you everyone who had a hand in organising even a small part of the weekend's events, and think you everyone who participated, thus making the event the suvccess that it seemed to be.

A couple of special acknowledgements need to be made.

Poon, of course, for his continuing support to the members of the forum. Along with Birddog, you would have to be hard pressed to find a better way to buy photographic equipment than using oiur connections to HK Supplies.

Stuart McDonald - user smac - for his generous support in allowing us to use his premises on Sunday morning for the lighting and portraiture workshop, and also for his provision to the group of our new banners.

The NSW SRA for canelling all services on the Belmore line during the weekend. Sydney trains don't run well at the best of times, and what better way for them to demonstrate this fact than by cancelling all trains for the whole weekend.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Yedrup on Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:59 pm

A great weekend, too much food :oops: :oops: :oops: too much talking :wink: :wink: :wink: too much laughter :D :D :D but definitely not too much friendliness :) :) :) :)

To all thank you, especially Gary, Thanh, Tranh, Philomena, Leigh, Stuart, Poon, if I don't stop I will have to name all 1086 in the forum :) :)

At least with SRA cancelling the trains our visitors can't complain that our trains are always arriving late :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cheers,
Terry
"Photography is not about cameras, gadgets and gismos. Photography is about photographers. A camera didn't make a great picture any more than a typewriter wrote a great novel." -Peter Adams, Sydney 1978
Yedrup

Postby Geoff on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:38 pm

Stubbsy - I can post you your jacket or...I could put it on ebay :)
PM me your address :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:46 pm

I'm home.. I made it..

It's already been said a hundred times before, but should be said again..

Thank you to everyone who did anything constructive this weekend, even if it was just turn up and be the kinda, friendly, polite people that everyone seems to be on here. I'm not going to name names because the list is that long and someone will be left out, but thank you...

And now to sleep..

.. who am I kidding? and now to the post-processing...
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
Asking the Stupid Questions
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby stubbsy on Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:06 pm

Geoff wrote:Stubbsy - I can post you your jacket or...I could put it on ebay :)
PM me your address :)

Geoff you have PM - doubt "As worn by Stubbsy at the Innaugural and final D70 users meet" would get really high bids

and don't panic (where does that come from?) lurkers - final D70 meet cos next year will be the innaugural dslrusers meet.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Return to Announcements