AA Weekend Last chance roundup!

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

AA Weekend Last chance roundup!

Postby gstark on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Eee-Hah!

My name is Gary and I'm a D70-aholic.

With the anniversary weekend just two short months away, you need to know that we'll be closing bookings for our dinners by the end of this month, in order to permit us to confirm final numbers with the venues.

Over the next day or three I'll be posting a listing of who is booked in for which dinner. You'll need to review that listing, and

(a) if you're on it and are no longer able to come, you'll need to let me know ...

(b) if you're not on it, but do wish to come, you'll need to let me know.

If you're on it and the details I have a correct, then you can sit back, relax, and look forward to having a great time amongst great company.

Of course, if you've not yet booked, now would be an excellent time to fill that void; we're nearly at our pre-ordained seating allocation for the Saturday night and any further delays might mean that you're going to be spending Saturday night on your lonesome.

So ... you know the email address ... what are you waiting for?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: AA Weekend Last chance roundup!

Postby gstark on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:35 pm

gstark wrote:So ... you know the email address ... what are you waiting for?

You're not still there, reading the message, are you?

Go away! The message is finished!

:)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nnnnsic on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:46 pm

If that's not bad enough, with the amount of cameras that will be there, we'll be taking pictures of all that food... and if you're not there... won't you feel awful the next day when those scrumptious pictures go online...
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby shutterbug on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:52 pm

Who is the AA official photographer :lol: :lol:
shutterbug

Postby Hlop on Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:56 pm

Future is dark and unpredictable, so, I can't tell right now if we're going for dinner. Most probably not.

I'm just wondering if you, Gary and Leigh, received my email with Annual meeting registration form - I sent it to you in that very moment when we had very tough SPAM filter. If you haven't received it, I have to re-send it
Mikhail
Hasselblad 501CM, XPAN, Wista DX 4x5, Pentax 67, Nikon D70, FED-2
Hlop

Postby gstark on Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:06 pm

Mikhail,

Hlop wrote:Future is dark and unpredictable, so, I can't tell right now if we're going for dinner. Most probably not.

I'm just wondering if you, Gary and Leigh, received my email with Annual meeting registration form - I sent it to you in that very moment when we had very tough SPAM filter. If you haven't received it, I have to re-send it

The spam filter we have in place is very aggressive. Always has been, and I see no reason to change it.

That said, we have recieved your original questionaire, but that is not a restaurant booking, and you raise an excellent point:

Those of you who submitted a questionaire response need to still tell us that you're going to be coming to the dinners; those responses were simply to give us an indication as to the types of activities people wanted to do, and they were not, and are not, reservations for any of the meals for the weekend. We need names and numbers, and that's for each of the Friday and the Saturday nights.

If you've sent us an email with your details, but you've not had an acknowledgment of that email, please send another email, and also send me a PM to let me know.

Also, a couple of people have let me know of their dietary preferences - this is good, and it's important: if you have special requirements (vegetarian, kosher, whatever) please let us know now, so that we can make the approriate arrangements on your behalf.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:07 pm

shutterbug wrote:Who is the AA official photographer :lol: :lol:

Vivaldi the cat!
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Announcements