A new look

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: A new look

Postby Mr Darcy on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 am

Six wrote:Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see where to change the theme in the user CP.

I don't like the default one :(

Jack

This was removed as part of the fixes to performance issues, along with the move to a new server.
We are all stuck with the default view (for now at least!) I for one would rather have an ugly site that works over a pretty one that doesn't. And the old one didn't a lot of the time.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby stubbsy on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 am

Six wrote:Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see where to change the theme in the user CP.

Jack

Jack - no you're not blind there is just a single theme ATM. This thread is just on a year old and refers to a previous incarnation of the board using an older version of phpbb than we currently have.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Six on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 am

Ahh righto, glad I'm not blind then :p
Feeling quite claustrophobic with this theme though, I think I have more blank gray space on the left and right side of the forum content than I do actual forum content on my 1920 pixels wide screen.
Six

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:20 am

As stated in this poat, "We only have the one theme, but Leigh's done a great job on the banners at the top of the forms. Check them out; there's a couple of ... interesting ones for you to enjoy."

As Peter noted, the thread within which you've made this post, is over a year old.

Sorry, but you'll just have to deal with it.

I think I have more blank gray space on the left and right side of the forum content than I do actual forum content on my 1920 pixels wide screen

Then don't use the whole screen for your browser. By NOT using the whole screen for your browser, you can easily monitor a whole swag of other applications and processes that might be happening on your system.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Six on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 am

gstark wrote:As stated in this poat, "We only have the one theme, but Leigh's done a great job on the banners at the top of the forms. Check them out; there's a couple of ... interesting ones for you to enjoy."

As Peter noted, the thread within which you've made this post, is over a year old.

Ah I see, that thread explains it all, thanks Gary, I just searched for "themes" and this was the only thread that came up apart from some shooting challenges in both the announcements and information forums. Indeed the banners are very good.

Then don't use the whole screen for your browser. By NOT using the whole screen for your browser, you can easily monitor a whole swag of other applications and processes that might be happening on your system.

OK Gary, in the future I'll be sure to conform to the way that YOU think I should be using MY computer (insert tongue in cheek smiley here).

Jack
Six

Postby stubbsy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Jack - I'm with you I don't like the skinny layout either - and as for uncle Gary's suggestion - I have my browser maximised to gain the benefit of my widescreen monitor which 99% of websites suit and to resize it each time I come here would waste some of the world's supply of mouse clicks. :wink: Maybe I need to get an Asus eee for forum browsing. :lol:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Yi-P on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 pm

As opposed, I prefer the skinny side of this forum.
I hate moving my eyes/head from left to right, makes reading much more natural as opposed to stretching texts across the 24" monitor.
Yi-P

Previous

Return to Announcements