A new look

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: A new look

Postby ATJ on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:16 pm

gstark wrote:That is very strange, because they were there this morning/earlier in the week.

I know this because I had cause to check on a couple.

Let me see wtf is happening.

And ... I think that even mine has gone!

It appears to be only this thread, as they are there in other threads. Maybe a forum setting or something like that.
ATJ

Postby ATJ on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm

I should add that the board has remembered me since Sunday night. I have not had to login again since then.
ATJ

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:18 pm

ATJ wrote:
gstark wrote:[Andrew, if you read that second thread, what's actually needed is totally unclear, and there's some interesting discussion about how the writers of the forum software have tried to adhere to standards, which means excluding the (obsolete) "_blank" parameter.

Gary,

I have done some more investigation. It appears that "_blank" is not obsolete.

Here it is in HTML 4.0: http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/va ... rametarget
and in HTML 4.01: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#idx-target_frame

Looking at the working draft of HTML 5: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/ , it appears that "_blank" is still a valid "browsing context".

It appears the argument comes down to opposing views of web developers. Some believe they are helping their viewers by opening a new window (by default) when a link to an off site reference is given to preserve the current context. The other camp want to leave it entirely up to the user and let them do whatever they want. While I can appreciate letting users do what they want, at least for me, I expect that clicking on an external link (whether in a forum or on other sites) will open a new window and I hate it when it doesn't.

Andrew,

Thanx for that. Most interesting.

On the vanishing signatures: do y'all have a checkbox below the posting area tat says "Attach a signature" ? It seems to be related to this forum.section, which suggests it's a permissions issue.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ATJ on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 pm

gstark wrote:On the vanishing signatures: do y'all have a checkbox below the posting area tat says "Attach a signature" ? It seems to be related to this forum.section, which suggests it's a permissions issue.

I have one now - I don't remember seeing it in this forum before (but that could just be my mad cow ;) ). It is there and ticked by default.

Oh look, they are back.
ATJ

Postby rflower on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 pm

I have just used the ordering bit. Very Snazzy and smoooth. I like it a lot. :D :up:
Russell
Nikon D700 // 50 1.4 // 70-200 2.8 VRII // 24-120 f4// Tamron 90 // SB-800 // 70-300G
I'm on Redbubble too ... http://www.redbubble.com/people/rflower
If you can make one of my photos look better and you have the inclination ... please do so.
rflower

Postby phillipb on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Well, the recognition bit is getting worse for me. Not only it doesn't recognize me now but before, I had the username and password filled in, all I had to do was click the sign in button. Now both fields a blank. :cry:

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby moz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:33 am

Sorry to whinge, but the various skins all grump me in various ways. I would like black text on a white background, with the "show new posts" list done like the white on black themes - showing poster, title and forum. Just like the old skin, in fact. But that's not an option. The default skin is awful in that respect, all in information is there it's just jumbled up in one cell so I have to pick through each one to work out the details. That makes skimming the new posts very slow and tedious, but using the white-on-black themes gives me a headache.

Is it possible to add new themes? Well, more specifically, if I dig up a new theme will you add it? Or if you've modified how themes work can you email me the current set so I can make a hybrid that works for me? Please :)
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 am

phillipb wrote:Well, the recognition bit is getting worse for me. Not only it doesn't recognize me now but before, I had the username and password filled in, all I had to do was click the sign in button. Now both fields a blank. :cry:

Phillip,

That sounds like a local issue of some sort.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:53 am

moz wrote:Sorry to whinge, but the various skins all grump me in various ways. I would like black text on a white background,

I'd like to retire to Monterosso Al Mare ... :)

with the "show new posts" list done like the white on black themes - showing poster, title and forum. Just like the old skin, in fact.

Which was based upon a blue colour scheme .... ???

But that's not an option. The default skin is awful in that respect, all in information is there it's just jumbled up in one cell

Er, no.

Totally wrong, Moz.

Look at the lower section of the portal page, any skin. Three columns. Subject, Latest Poster, Original Poster. One logical row per topic.

All four skins use the same query code - that's how phpbb3 works. The query loads some variables, and the html section - individual for each skin - renders the variables to the screen.

so I have to pick through each one to work out the details. That makes skimming the new posts very slow and tedious, but using the white-on-black themes gives me a headache.

Which is why we have two themes with a white background. But neither of them render the way you're describing them.

Is it possible to add new themes? Well, more specifically, if I dig up a new theme will you add it? Or if you've modified how themes work can you email me the current set so I can make a hybrid that works for me? Please :)

The latter won't work, because the themes need to be loaded onto the server. We're certainly happy to look at new themes, but we do need to do some tweaking because of the portal, and the bargains, and a few other bits. We're certainly happy for you to PM us with details of the theme you have in mind, and we will certainly look at it ...
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby radar on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:56 am

gstark wrote:Could you tell me what happens if you use the dslrusers.com domain ?

Works this time :up:

I'll keep using the .com to see if I stay logged in.

Cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:08 am

radar wrote:
gstark wrote:Could you tell me what happens if you use the dslrusers.com domain ?

Thanx, Andre.

I suspect that this version is not as forgiving as the old one when it comes to the cross-domain boundaries that we need to cross. If that's the solution to the login/cookie issues, then I'm not going to be too concerned. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:10 am

rflower wrote:I have just used the ordering bit. Very Snazzy and smoooth. I like it a lot. :D :up:

Thanx, Russell. As you can imagine, there's a fair bit of work under the hood to get that all working, but I think it's far better than what we had before, which worked very well despite itself. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby moz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 am

gstark wrote:Totally wrong, Moz. Look at the lower section of the portal page, any skin. Three columns. Subject, Latest Poster, Original Poster. One logical row per topic.

The portal page is also missing the "forum" column that I find quite useful. Click "View new posts" to see the page I'm talking about.

Which is why we have two themes with a white background. But neither of them render the way you're describing them.

Sorry, my mistake, DARK BLUE or light GREY text on a white background. The default skin has something like this in each cell of the main list,
Learning the hard way
by petermmc on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 pm in General Discussion"

The other skins all say
Learning the hard way
in General Discussion | petermmc
( "|" indicates a new cell)

What I would prefer is that the "General Discussion" part be in a cell of its own as it used to be. It's easier to read across the page than alternate lines have different meanings, and it's worse when there's variable irrelevant text prefixed to some lines. I use the forum/board details to mentally filter the list - there's not a lot of value to me in a thread in Nikon called "70-200/2.8" but if it's in Canon I'll probably have a look.

The light grey on white skin is better than the default in the information displayed, but I find it irritating to read because of the low contrast. The default skin is better for contrast but has less readable information.

We're certainly happy for you to PM us with details of the theme you have in mind, and we will certainly look at it ...

I will start looking at themes then. But the core change is moving the forum information to a new column. Much as the "author" information moves from its own column in the white-background theme to the left hand cell in the default theme (and the default theme doesn't display the forum name at all). So what I'd like is:

thread title | forum | author | last post

in dark text on a light background. I suspect this would be a tiny change to the existing theme.
moz

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:00 am

moz wrote:
gstark wrote:Totally wrong, Moz. Look at the lower section of the portal page, any skin. Three columns. Subject, Latest Poster, Original Poster. One logical row per topic.

The portal page is also missing the "forum" column that I find quite useful. Click "View new posts" to see the page I'm talking about.

Ok, thanx for the clarification.

I think that adding the forum - either as a column, or within an existing column - to the portal page is fairly easy.

Do others want this, and if so, as a separate column, or within one of the existing ones?

Sorry, my mistake, DARK BLUE or light GREY text on a white background. The default skin has something like this in each cell of the main list,
Learning the hard way
by petermmc on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 pm in General Discussion"

The other skins all say
Learning the hard way
in General Discussion | petermmc
( "|" indicates a new cell)

What I would prefer is that the "General Discussion" part be in a cell of its own as it used to be. It's easier to read across the page than alternate lines have different meanings, and it's worse when there's variable irrelevant text prefixed to some lines.

Ok, this is in the standard board stuff, rather than the portal. That makes it more difficult, but to what degree, I don't know. I need to investigate this for you.

I use the forum/board details to mentally filter the list - there's not a lot of value to me in a thread in Nikon called "70-200/2.8" but if it's in Canon I'll probably have a look.

Yep; I understand, and it makes sense.

The light grey on white skin is better than the default in the information displayed, but I find it irritating to read because of the low contrast. The default skin is better for contrast but has less readable information.

The information should be the same, or very close to the same. The skins use exactly the same data source, but the data is rendered through a different template set. I can see that perhaps some data might be ignored within a template scenario, but that would most likely be on the basis of a columnar data set, rather than anything else.

We're certainly happy for you to PM us with details of the theme you have in mind, and we will certainly look at it ...

I will start looking at themes then. But the core change is moving the forum information to a new column. Much as the "author" information moves from its own column in the white-background theme to the left hand cell in the default theme (and the default theme doesn't display the forum name at all). So what I'd like is:

in dark text on a light background. I suspect this would be a tiny change to the existing theme.

Depends upon how the theme is rendered. I'll certainly have a look at this and see what I can come up with. :)

Thanx for the feedback; I appreciate it.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby blacknstormy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:04 am

phillipb wrote:
Well, the recognition bit is getting worse for me. Not only it doesn't recognize me now but before, I had the username and password filled in, all I had to do was click the sign in button. Now both fields a blank.

same here :(

but at least this time I remembered my damn password ;) LOL
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! -Ansel Adams

http://www.redbubble.com/people/blacknstormy
blacknstormy

Postby moz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:06 am

gstark wrote:
moz wrote:the core change is moving the forum information to a new column. Much as the "author" information moves from its own column in the white-background theme to the left hand cell in the default theme (and the default theme doesn't display the forum name at all). So what I'd like is:

I'll certainly have a look at this and see what I can come up with.

Hopefully what the themes are doing is going "{variable} {variable}</td><td>{variable..." and you can just whack an extra TD or two in. Bits moving around between themes is what makes me hope it will be fairly simple. (ooh, and it even escapes the "<" properly!)

thanks for being so responsive on this stuff.
moz

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 am

moz wrote:Hopefully what the themes are doing is going "{variable} {variable}</td><td>{variable..." and you can just whack an extra TD or two in. Bits moving around between themes is what makes me hope it will be fairly simple. (ooh, and it even escapes the "<" properly!)

That's what I'm hoping, although I did see some very strange errors in the portal template when trying to get the "Glass" themes up. Mismatched div and table tags were the cause of a couple of very late nights.

thanks for being so responsive on this stuff.

It's what we're here for. Bugger photography! :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby tasadam on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:17 am

Yeah, wierd. When I post a reply to a topic or edit an earlier post, after submitting, it won't display the avatar pics - just get the red X. If I then navigate away from and back to the page, avatars appear okay. Any ideas?
Share what you know, learn what you don't.
Wilderness Photography of Tasmania http://www.tasmaniart.com.au
tasadam

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 am

tasadam wrote:Yeah, wierd. When I post a reply to a topic or edit an earlier post, after submitting, it won't display the avatar pics - just get the red X. If I then navigate away from and back to the page, avatars appear okay. Any ideas?

Not a clue.

I suspect that I'm going to have to look at the disappearing avatars on one of my PCs, rather than from the Mac, and the diff tool on the mac is about as good as ... IE. :(

Seriously, I suspect I'm going to have to look at the rendered source of the html for a with-avatar Vs a without avatar set of versions for the rendered pages, and see if I can see anything of note at that level.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 am

radar wrote:

Cheers,

André

I can confirm that all is well now with the .com - my login remains :up:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Geoff on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 am

sirhc55 wrote:
radar wrote:

Cheers,

André

I can confirm that all is well now with the .com - my login remains :up:

Same for me with the .com - great stuff :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:14 am

sirhc55 wrote:I can confirm that all is well now with the .com - my login remains :up:

Please keep me appraised of this situation.

It indicates an issue in the way that the cookies are initiated from within the software. While using the .com domain is certainly one solution, it's not one that I like; I'd prefer for y'all to use whatever domain you want - even the older D70 ones.

But if we can identify the issue in this way, we can, perhaps, create (or find) a solution.

Thanx for the feedback
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby xerubus on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 am

Cookies are working for me now also. I am loving the black Nikon theme; good stuff.
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby W00DY on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

gstark wrote:
sirhc55 wrote:I can confirm that all is well now with the .com - my login remains :up:

Please keep me appraised of this situation.

It indicates an issue in the way that the cookies are initiated from within the software. While using the .com domain is certainly one solution, it's not one that I like; I'd prefer for y'all to use whatever domain you want - even the older D70 ones.

But if we can identify the issue in this way, we can, perhaps, create (or find) a solution.

Thanx for the feedback

Yep, .com works for me... I feel loved again :cheers:
Andrew
Nikon D3 and lot's of Nikon stuff!!
W00DY

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:08 pm

moz wrote:Hopefully what the themes are doing is going "{variable} {variable}</td><td>{variable..." and you can just whack an extra TD or two in. Bits moving around between themes is what makes me hope it will be fairly simple. (ooh, and it even escapes the "<" properly!)

Not quite so simple, and in fact I need to do some digging for the prosilver style. I's doing some stuff in the css that i need to check on to get the column widths working.

But I've done it now for the other three, and for all four styles on the portal as well.

Enjoy, and thanx for bringing the issue up.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby moz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 pm

gstark wrote:But I've done it now for the other three, and for all four styles on the portal as well.

Oooh, exciting. Thanks for that, it's much improved IMO. And so quickly too!
moz

Postby phillipb on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Yep, .com works for me too.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby Big V on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Well .com worked me too
Canon
Big V

Postby Mr Darcy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Can you please give me more information regarding the bookmarks issue that you're seeing? What I'm hearing you say is that you're using FF in Windows, Nikon Glass Theme; you open the bookmarks treeview (to the left of, but within, your browser viewport) and that will narrow the remainder of the viewport for browsing. Within that modified viewport, you're getting a too wide view of the main forum.

Not quite. I tend to use bookmarks a lot, so it is on all the time. If I come here & FF happens to be on the secondary monitor, (it usually is. It is a premium CRT. The primary is a Notebook LCD) the main pane scrolls off to the right. If I close and re-open the bookmarks pane, the whole thing resizes correctly. It appears that the code is reading the size of the window on entry, rather than the size of the pane, as the main pane's virtual size is about the size of the entire FF window.

I haven't actually tried it on the LCD screen yet.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:53 pm

tasadam wrote:
gstark wrote:Please post your comments, and any issues that you see, in this thread.

From http://www.dslrusers.com/index.php
In the members only section, there seems to be a problem with text formatting... A couple of examples -

Sadly, this isn't a problem, it's a feature! :(

For security purposes, pure html is no longer supported in phpbb. The code examples you provided are all straight html ...

We're just going to have to deal with this until I can find a workaround, but it's not going to be a high priority for me.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:59 pm

gstark wrote:Thanx for that. Most interesting.

Links done.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Dargan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:29 am

Just logged on to my favourite site and its all NEEEEW!!

Congratulations to all involved and to you of course Gary. It looks terrific :agree: I can even use Smilies with ease. I can see I will have to change my avatar it is quite outdated in such natty surroundings. :D
In the end we know Nothing, but in the meantime Learn like crazy.
Your Camera Does Matter Nikon D70 D200 D300
PPOK
Dargan

Postby Big Red on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm

a nice little thing the new style does is stop for you to review your reply if someone else replies while you are writing 8)
Big Red

Postby DanielA on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:35 pm

I've noticed that Google seems to be indexing the site now.
I think this is a good thing, but I thought this was blocked before, for bandwidth reasons?

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Postby Louie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 pm

The site remembers me now, yay 8)

Am finding something that may have been mentioned in a previous page or possibly in some of that jargon above that I don't understand ( :oops: )

I'm currently using the Nikon glass theme and if I click on a link that someone has posted to another thread it goes to that thread using the default theme. If I then want to comment on that thread it asks me to log in first. Has it always been like this and I never noticed? Is a bit annoying as I have to go back out again and track the long way to get to that thread. Does anyone else have this problem or has worked out a way around it?

Thanks,
Elena
Louie

Postby Mr Darcy on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Louie wrote:Am finding something that may have been mentioned in a previous page or possibly in some of that jargon above that I don't understand ( :oops: )

I'm currently using the Nikon glass theme and if I click on a link that someone has posted to another thread it goes to that thread using the default theme. If I then want to comment on that thread it asks me to log in first. Has it always been like this and I never noticed? Is a bit annoying as I have to go back out again and track the long way to get to that thread. Does anyone else have this problem or has worked out a way around it?

This is happening to me too. I didn't mention it as seemed to be tied up in the more general Alzheimer problems. Oddly enough it didn't happen when I replied to this post. Or maybe its just been fixed. As has been mentioned before, the problem apears to be related to the .com site rather than the .net.

Have you tried to log in when asked, and checked "remember me". I did that earlier today on the com site, so that may be why it's working for me now.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby Louie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Mr Darcy wrote:Have you tried to log in when asked, and checked "remember me". I did that earlier today on the com site, so that may be why it's working for me now.

Just tried that then (a few times!) but it didn't work for me. Am glad it is now working for you though, maybe if I keep trying I will have some success!

Louie

Postby zafra52 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 am

Ooooooopppps!! I didn't realise there were two sites a .com and a .net Does it make a difference which do you use? :?: :?:
zafra52

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:39 am

zafra52 wrote:Ooooooopppps!! I didn't realise there were two sites a .com and a .net Does it make a difference which do you use? :?: :?:

There's actually four sites.

For now, the new forum software doesn't seem to gracefully handle the cross-domain boundary conditions that we will encounter, so it's probably best if everyone tries to use the dslrusers.com domain.

Elena, I suspect that's the issue that you're seeing as well.

Cheers.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby dawesy on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 am

I have noticed lately that the fix applied for links appears to be, well, incomplete. A change was made to make links open in a new window as the old site worked, which seemed successful. Lately I have noticed however that this is not working for all links. A good example would be this post. The first URL posted by michael_ opens in the same window, the next link by Oz_beachside opens in a new window. I don't know if this happens for everyone, perhaps if someone could test and confirm, but it does complicate things.

Perhaps the two formats of the URL tag are handled separately, or if you type a link with no tags it is converted to a link by a different piece of code that the tags, which doesn't have the format change applied to it yet.
dawesy

Postby Alpha_7 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am

I get the same problem as Dawesy above ^^^^
(If it was consistent either way it would be great).
Alpha_7

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Alpha_7 wrote:I get the same problem as Dawesy above ^^^^
(If it was consistent either way it would be great).

Without looking at the post Dawsey is referring to, I'd say that there is a difference in the way the posts have been made. The code I fixed was where the post uses the bbcode [ url ] tags. That code is working fine.

Where members just post a url directly, without using the bbcode tags, then those are not affected, and the fix referred to earlier includes no reference to rectify this, so ... it's not been done.

But the simple answer is to use the bbcode tags in your postings, and it will all work just fine.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby dawesy on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Using tags: http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30516

Not using tags: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30516

EDIT: Diagnosis confirmed!
dawesy

Postby Louie on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:05 pm

dawesy wrote:Using tags: http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30516

Not using tags: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30516

EDIT: Diagnosis confirmed!

Yep, same here. First link opens a new window, second link went straight there.
And as an update from my previous link issue, both links kept my logon this time which makes me very happy :D
Elena
Louie

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Dawsey wrote:EDIT: Diagnosis confirmed!

I thought it might be; thanx.

Louie wrote:And as an update from my previous link issue, both links kept my logon this time which makes me very happy :D

Ok, I've done nothing, which suggests to me that my thoughts are correct, and the actual cause lies within each specific link: if a link takes you across a domain boundary ( dslrusers.com -> dslrusers.net ) then this problem may happen, but if the link stays within the one domain ( dslrusers.com -> dslrusers.com ) then you should be fine.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby who on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Another small thing - it appears that the sticky's don't come through to the portal page - ie the new updates page in the Bargains page :D

Not sure why, as the normal topics do?

And also - is there anyone other than me who would like a lean mean portal page without fluff for reading from a mobile phone? I like browsing the text parts fo the forum off my Nokia N95.

However, it gets a bit painful scrolling past the announcement, pic of the week, etc to get to the box at the bottom with the recent posts that I like.

I reckon the link would have to be hidden (at least somewhat) to avoid a rash of stupidity from people who don't see the public announcements though.

But if it's not wanted by others, I'll keep doing what I do now.

Cheers
Old D200+extras
who

Postby gstark on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Ian,

As a suggestion, grab the "New Posts" link from the portal page, and see perhaps whether that addresses both of the issues you ask about in the one swell foop.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby who on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:20 am

Gary

This is working well. Simple..... :up:

Thanks, Ian
Old D200+extras
who

Postby zafra52 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Does anybody know why some images get cut off on the right hand side?
It is a mystery to me, but my screen resolution is 1024 X 768 pixels and some of the images are only 800 pixels wide, yet they get cut off on the right hand side. It is quite annoying!
I cannot increase the monitor resolution because with my video card and monitor is as far as it can go and I cannot scroll to the right because there is not a horizontal scroll bar to do it with. The funny thing is that at work wit a different computer and monitor and still at the same resolution I can see the complete images.
zafra52

Postby Six on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 am

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see where to change the theme in the user CP.

I don't like the default one :(

Jack
Six

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements