Crema Challenge - Gallery now open

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Crema Challenge - Gallery now open

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:11 pm

A big thank you to Scott for his work on this, while shifting home and starting the arduous task of settling into the new family home in <strike>Mexico</strike> Melbourne.

But for those of you getting yoru images together for this, you may now upload your images here.

Let the games begin!

Please remember that the challenge closes at the end of the month, so you have a bit over a wek to get your images uploaded.

And the next challenge will be starting early in February, from what I can tell.

Site hardening

Over the last week or two I've been hardening the site to help keep out spammers and other lowlifes.

One problem that has arisen - mainly for Firefox users - occurs when your ISP sends your connection through a transparent proxy. I've been working on a practical solution for this for about a week, and just like Windows, the Version 3 one seems to be pretty usable. That's the one that's in place as of now, and it should require a once only adjustment, whereby I add you to a group within our phpbb database.

So if you happen to come across a message like this ...

Your IP address has been blocked for this session as it appears to be masked.

followed by a couple of numbers and an IP address, please let myself or one of the mods know, so that we can take care of this for you.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Gary
Your IP address has been blocked for this session as it appears to be masked. - 3 - 6 - 202.7.166.173
is popping up again. Is there anything I need to do at my end?
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby gstark on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Matt,

Can you give me some circumstances as to what, exactly, you're doing?

Do you select the "keep me logged in option " (or whatever it is) when you log in.

Are you trying to browse while not logged in? The fix I have in place requires you to be logged in in order to work.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:30 pm

I've just added a little more info to the error message; that will tell me if you're logged in when this happens, and will help me to sort out how to deal with this for you.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Announcements