Sydney Christmas Dinner

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Sydney Christmas Dinner

Postby gstark on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:57 am

Sydney Christmas Dinner

November 25, In Restaurant, Neutral Bay.

Bookings for this dinner are coming in thick and fast. If you want to be there, then I'd suggest getting your booking in sooner rather than later.

This promises to be a great night. We have some great things planned for the evening, including, hopefully, some element of participation by Poon. I'm not yet sure of how this will manifest itself, but the wheels are most certainly in motion. We have the restaurant to ourselves, but it's a fairly smallish place, bookings are limited, and, as I've noted above, places are filling fast.

So ....

You need to get your booking form completed, and your payment made, ASAP. Otherwise, you won't be there, and you'll miss out.

Make a weekend of it!

For those interstate members who might be considering attending, we can arrange some great accommodation for you, near the harbour. This is a real Sydney harbourside experience. To give you an idea of the savings (and the cost) the accommodation normally rents for around the $200 mark, but we're looking at something in the low $100 range. 200 metres from the Harbour Bridge and Luna Park and 150 metres from Milsons Point Station (next stop - downtown Sydney).

Contact Glen or myself for more details of this. With inexpensive airfares, great accommodation, and our Christmas dinner, how could you not be involved?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:30 pm

This looks like it'll be a fantastic night, haven't been to a dslruser event/xmas dinner that hasn't been unreal! We booked and paid pretty much as soon as this notice became available. I strongly sugest others too get in quick to avoid dissapointment, as I understand it's booking up fast!! :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby Geoff on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:32 pm

Oh yeah, Bel and I (and maybe a few others) will be sampling the restaurant food prior to the xmas dinner so we can tell u REALLY how good it is!
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby obzelite on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:45 am

i'll have to see what frequent flyer points i have, cause inexpensive flights from wa would get me a sb800
Simon
www.colberne.com.au
I purchased a Teddy Bear this morning for the sum of $10. I named him Mohammed. This afternoon I sold him on E-Bay for $30. My question is, "Have I made a prophet?"
obzelite

Postby gstark on Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:13 am

Simon,

That would be great.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Announcements