Anniversary Weekend.

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby Matt. K on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:06 pm

Chi
Welcome back! Where have you been? Are you sure you want to pay for Phillo and I? We'd be flabbergasted! Look forward to catching up with you at the dinners. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby gstark on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Matt,

He's already paid for you for Saturday night. I'll be sending you an email regarding Friday later tonight if not tomorrow morning.

All, we're looking very close to fully booked for both dinner events. If you have any interest in attending, plesae signal your intentions today.

I know that I've already go waitlist for the Saturday night dinner, but I'm going to be seeking to extend the bookings tomorrow afternoon/evening. If I know your intent prior to then, I can include you in the numbers. If I don't know your intent, then I cannot, and I won't, and you will probably miss out.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:20 pm

gstark wrote:Matt,

He's already paid for you for Saturday night. I'll be sending you an email regarding Friday later tonight if not tomorrow morning.

All, we're looking very close to fully booked for both dinner events. If you have any interest in attending, plesae signal your intentions today.

I know that I've already go waitlist for the Saturday night dinner, but I'm going to be seeking to extend the bookings tomorrow afternoon/evening. If I know your intent prior to then, I can include you in the numbers. If I don't know your intent, then I cannot, and I won't, and you will probably miss out.

Gary,
I'm sure he's already booked for both evenings and his name was not on the waiting list.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 pm

birddog114 wrote:
gstark wrote:Matt,

Gary,
I'm sure he's already booked for both evenings and his name was not on the waiting list.

Thanh, he has, and he's fine.

My general comments (above) were directed to everyone else, so that I can have a better idea of the total numbers.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby leek on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:37 am

Gary,
I booked myself onto the waiting list for Friday night and received your confirmation e-mail...
Do you need me to transfer the funds for the dinner now? or wait until you confirm that I'm off the waiting list?
Cheers, John
Leek@Flickr | Leek@RedBubble | Leek@DeviantArt

D700; D200; Tokina 12-24; Nikkor 50mm f1.4,18-70mm,85mm f1.8, 105mm,80-400VR, SB-800s; G1227LVL; RRS BH-55; Feisol 1401
leek

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:46 am

Good morning John,

You're actually confirmed for Friday, so please just go ahead and pay when you get a moment, confirming details by email, of course.

Thanx.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Gary
I have not received any confirmation yet. :(
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby moggy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:03 pm

Matt. K wrote:Gary

Neither have I for Saturday. :?

8) Bob.

moggy

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:06 pm

moggy wrote:
Matt. K wrote:Gary

Neither have I for Saturday. :?

8) Bob.

Yes you have, and you've paid. Am I missing something? (I'm not generally responding to payment advices at this time)

Matt, check your PM; my email to you bounced a few days ago.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks
All done. I'm a happy camper now! :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby Yi-P on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 pm

Where will the photoshop session being held? Same place as minimeet? Or somewhere else?

Are all ppl attending the sat meetings going for the dinner?

Gotta make my booking before it goes out :P

Sits/positions still available?
Yi-P

Postby moggy on Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:14 am

birddog114 wrote:All,
For all your concerning about where is the venue of Photoshop + Printer Profiling workshops will be held at smac's office in Regent Parks (GBC Australia).

The venue for mini meet is the same as previously at my base.

For Saturday morning:
8:00am is the starting time for mini meet and will finish at 12:00

Photoshop workshop will start at: 9:00am and printer profiling etc... will start after Photoshop workshop fisnished.

Maybe this will help. :wink:

8) Bob.

moggy

Postby leek on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:30 pm

Gary...

.com was down again for a couple of hours this arvo (now accessing through .net)

Interestingly, I tried your http://status.dslrusers.com/ status link and it said that the site was OK :?:
Cheers, John

D700; D200; Tokina 12-24; Nikkor 50mm f1.4,18-70mm,85mm f1.8, 105mm,80-400VR, SB-800s; G1227LVL; RRS BH-55; Feisol 1401
leek

Postby Glen on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:32 pm

John, manual update :wink:

I am accessing through com, seems ok
Glen

Postby gstark on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:10 pm

From what I can tell, at the very worst, it was down for less than an hour, finishing prior to 6pm, and it affected all three sites.

I know it was up later than 4:30, cos I was on the .com at that time. I was out for about an an hour, and it was down when I returned home - 5:40 - and remained down for around 15 minutes thereafter.

The status site, as Glen pointed out, is manual for the moment, and it requires either Leigh or myself to change it until I get around to writing an automatic script to handle it for us. Even then, it'll probably still just be statuc, with maybe 30 minutes granularity. Otherwise, we'll have tons of people hitting the home server trying to hit the remote server.

I don't need to tell you what that might do. :)

Let's now keep this thread on topic.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Yi-P on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Let's now keep this thread on topic.

When are we getting final details about the Sat workshops??
Yi-P

Postby gstark on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 pm

About a week before the events.

That way you will be less likely to forget. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby leek on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:49 pm

gstark wrote:Let's now keep this thread on topic.

You were the one that added the info about the status pages to this thread :wink:
Cheers, John

leek

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:06 am

leek wrote:
gstark wrote:Let's now keep this thread on topic.

You were the one that added the info about the status pages to this thread :wink:

I did that because it was a quick and easy way of putting that information on the front page.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements