The last minimeet

News items for the DSLR Users website. Also covers upcoming but important events. Locked at present time, although recognised members may post messages in response to news items posted.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

The last minimeet

Postby gstark on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 am

The last Sydney Minimeet for the year will be held this Saturday, at Birddog's, starting at 3:30pm.

If you've not yet booked for this, the good news is that we'll be having more minimeets next year; the bad news - obviously - is that this one is fully booked.

So, if you're coming, please be sure to try and being a small gift - value of around $10 - suitably wrapped, and with a small card with your name attached.

With a liberal application of some Christmas magic, you'll probably be leaving with something different from what you arrived with, and this should all add to the fun and frivolity of the day.

Speaking of frivolity, I have heard - from a relaible source - that mate in public might be available for the more accoustically challenged amongst us. Deal me out!

Please, all who are coming, do practise responsible drinking on the day; we cannot and will not accept responsibility for what happens should you over indulge, but we can and will encourage everybody to have a great time and enjoy the company of everyone present, as well as the incomparable hospitality of Thanh and Tran.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:06 pm

I raise my glass in toast toward all attendees of 2005's final minimeet, and wish you all a happy birthday and new year.
Onyx

Postby birddog114 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:09 pm

What birthday?
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby sirhc55 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:11 pm

Birddog114 wrote:What birthday?

Jesus 8)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:15 pm

We don't celebrate "this birthday", we would like just to have fun with all other fellows before the we step into the 2006.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Nnnnsic on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:08 pm

I'm not saying a word.

Around Christmas, the evil Jew inside of me starts suggesting ideas that most Christians would probably hate me for.

What I will say is that there will be a webcast of the empty orchestra and the rest of the activities for those who won't be there.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby Onyx on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:27 pm

Christmas - it's the celebration of the birth of Christ, whom was born April 4th.

Perhaps with to the offensiveness of the birthday celebrations, due to this being a private msg board run by Jews, break out the Minora's and have a Hannukah feast. :D
Onyx

Postby Killakoala on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:28 pm

Onyx wrote:Christmas - it's the celebration of the birth of Christ, whom was born April 4th.<snip>

Yeah, apparently sometime between 2 and 4 BC. I read that somewhere. Apparently the Gregorian Monk who figured out the current calendar got it a bit wrong. Maybe maths wasn't his strong point :)

Anyway, roll on Saturday.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Return to Announcements