Do you always do a conditioning full charge of your AAs?

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Do you always do a conditioning full charge of your AAs?

Postby haring on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 am

Do you always do a conditioning full charge of your AA batteries fro your flashes before an assignment?

I usually simply recharge my batteries in the "Soft Charge Mode". Do you recondition your batteries?

I use a maha mh 800s charger and Eneloop batteries.
haring

Re: Do you always do a conditioning full charge of your AAs?

Postby gstark on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 am

Nope. Not necessary.

Just charge them after you return from the previous assignment, and they'll be ready for you next time they're needed.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby aim54x on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm

The only time I recondition my batteries if I find that they are not holding charge, then the recondition mode is called in. Other than that I just use the normal recharge (I use a C9000 and stick to the rule of charging at rate of 0.5 the capacity)
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Mr Darcy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:52 pm

I do a conditioning charge now and again. Always if the battery has been FULLY discharged.

Your sig says wedding photographer, so I question your use of eneloops. These are low power low discharge batteries. great for the occaisional user like me, but not for high demand users. Most wedding 'togs I know use high power, rapid drain batteries like the PowerEx & charge them just before the assignment. This gives them more bangs. when they need them. But you have to remember to recharge them prior to the event.

Personally I use imedions which are similar to the eneloops, but then I am an occasional user and want them to be working whenever I grab the flash. The high power ones are not good in my scenario.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby Matt. K on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 pm

I've been using the same set of Eneloops for 6 years and never had to condition them yet. They work as good as the day I got them. Great product Sanyo!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions