Travelling With DSLR

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Travelling With DSLR

Postby Lukec on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi All

I am off overseas in two weeks and am a little unsure about the following -

Will i be able to carryone my camera in bag?
(Stupid question i know?)

Will there be issues if the camera goes through an xray machine?

Thanks
Luke
Cheers
Luke
Lukec

Re: Travelling With DSLR

Postby Marvin on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Yes you can carry your camera on as hand luggage. Mine has been through numerous x-ray machines with no problems at all.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby scoobydoo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Nope I don't see why not. X-rays won't affect your digital camera, memory cards and processed film. You will only need to be careful if you have unprocessed film. Also I believe the current x-ray security machines won't affect film that under ISO800.
scoobydoo

Postby Lukec on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:02 am

Cheers, thanks all.
Cheers
Luke
Lukec

Postby Gripboy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 pm

If you have a fairly new DSLR, don't forget to get your gear documented by customs on your way out of the country. It only take a few minutes, then you will have a document that will prove you didn't purchase the equipment overseas and therefore won't have to pay any duty on it when you return. You only have to do it once for your equipment, and is good piece of mind when you're coming back to Australia.
Nikon D300, Nikkor 28-70mm f/ 2.8, 80-200mm f/2.8 Tokina 12-24mm
Nikon Coolpix 5700
Gripboy

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions