raw - dng ??

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

raw - dng ??

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi everyone, me again. still having issues with editing my raw images in cs2, i was told to transfer it to DNG, but i have no idea how, i am currently in Olympus Master which is the software that came with my camera, but it will only let me change it to tiff,jpeg,and bitmap!
sorry to annoy everyone again, thanks for looking and i hope you can help! thanks kristen
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Re: raw - dng ??

Postby ATJ on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Kristen,

In your original thread on the subject, I posted a link to the Adobe site where you can download the DNG converter. http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=34637

ATJ wrote:Kristen,

The various versions of Creative Suite use Adobe Capture Raw to do their raw conversions. It is the version of ACR that needs to support the raw format of the camera. I believe that CS2 can only take older versions of ACR and so you won't be able to get native support for your camera with CS2. You could, however, convert the raw images to DNG format and then use the DNG files in CS2. See Digital Negative (DNG) and follow the links to the converter for your OS.
ATJ

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 pm

I did try open that link to the Adobe site, but it would always close my open windows down, for some reason my browser doesn't like that link, it gets to the point where it goes to open the page and display the info etc but then it decides theres an error and closes it down, and not just that window but all of them, i just tried it again and it did it again to me, frustrating for you i know coz you've given such helpful info in the past yet i still keep asking the same questions. Sorry. kristen
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Postby bigsarg7 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm

i decided to go to adobe and find it for myself, not thinking of that before, and found it. thanks and sorry to have been a nusence! kris
bigsarg7

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions