buying from discount digital photographics

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

buying from discount digital photographics

Postby lukipelaa on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:54 am

hey guys. been checking prices for SB-600 and nikon stuff and their prices are like way below compared to the camera shops around here but cant say the same for canon. is there a reason for this or am i safe to buy from them?
lukipelaa

Re: buying from discount digital photographics

Postby gstark on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:37 am

Might I suggest to you the search function? :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby scott s on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:12 am

heres a more helpful answer
discount digital are safe to buy from. they have a shop in Nth Sydney
Ive bought heaps from there.
You can try HK supplies through this site also, but atm even their forum members prices are dearer than what you can find elsewhere, maybe due to fluctuating currency
D300, 80-200 F2.8, 50mm F1.4, 18-70 kit, Sigma 14mm F3.5
scott s

Postby gstark on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:42 am

scott s wrote:heres a more helpful answer

Scott,

In which way do you believe that having the site littered with countless threads on the same subject is more helpful? My query using "Discount Digital Photographics" as the search string yielded no less than 26 results. Had I used the string "DDD", I suspect there would have been at least as many again.

The OP was seeking comments from people who have used them, and there's plenty of these already scattered throughout the site. I see little reason for yet another thread on this topic.

You can try HK supplies through this site also,

The OP has just ten posts to his name, and is not, to my knowledge, a member of the "Members" group. Without such membership, how do you suggest this might occur? No doubt, at an appropriate time, he may ask for, and be granted, admission to the group, but that has not, as yet, occurred.

but atm even their forum members prices are dearer than what you can find elsewhere, maybe due to fluctuating currency

Maybe? ROTFLMAO!

Yes, perhaps maybe.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions