need help with d80

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

need help with d80

Postby lukipelaa on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 pm

hi guys. still playing around and not really good with it yet. but i was wondering is it possible to do flash bracketing with multi shot and a selftimer on?
i do know im able to do it with exposure bracketing but not with flash. anyone can help me with it? thanks
lukipelaa

Re: need help with d80

Postby gstark on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Let's go back a step, as I don't understand the question.

What is the problem that you're trying to solve?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Mr Darcy on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:12 pm

:agree: with Gary. Unusual I know, but there it is.

However, I suspect that the ML-L3 will solve what you are trying to do, whatever that is. It is a small infra-red remote that fires the shutter as if you are there pressing the button. Range is up to about 10m with the usual caveats. I only wish it worked on the more upmarket cameras. I had one for my D70, and sorely miss it on my D200.

You can buy one from DD Photo for a mere $35 + PH if req'd at http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/nikonslracc.htm#ml-l3
Other places will have similar prices.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby lukipelaa on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm

sorry i guess it didnt come out the way i wanted it to. so basically what you're saying is either i have to be at the camera or with a remote to do bracketing? it cant do all 3 shots by itself at a go?
lukipelaa

Postby aim54x on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:12 pm

As far as I know you cant, the only way that I know of a bracket situation where you can get the whole bracket set to fire continuously is to hold the burst bracket button (I have it programmed to the Fn button on my D300) and hold the shutter. If you must use a remote then if you set up the bracket you will have to hit the fire button for each individual frame.

Cheers
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions