Where do you buy ink cartridges?

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Where do you buy ink cartridges?

Postby phoenix on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:51 am

I was after some new ink cartridges for my Canon iP6700D and started looking around for some online last night. I found a heap but i wouldn't have a clue where the best deals are. Has anyone got any ideas? The ones I'm after have a chip on the cartridge to read ink levels. I've found a bunch without them pretty cheap but i need the chip.

Any help?

Thanks!
phoenix

Re: Where do you buy ink cartridges?

Postby Greg B on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 pm

I don't have a specific answer for you, but I can advise you to look around carefully.

My Canon "6" cartridges (for my i950) are around $24-95 everywhere, but for some reason my
small local newsagent sells them for $17-95. You just never know.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Oneputt on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Try USB Technology P/L. Canon 6 cartridges which sell in most places for $24/$25 cost me $15 some only $14.09 plus GST. Service is great.
Last edited by Oneputt on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby MSF on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 pm

I agree 110% with Oneputt

I buy all my inks now from USB Tech at Hornsby. there was a thread on this a while back and someone put me onto them and I have been saving heaps..
MSF

Postby phoenix on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

I had a look on their website and couldn't find the ink cartridges for my Canon iP6700D. Am i looking in the wrong place? I could only find a few different ones and wasn't sure if they would be right for my printer.
phoenix

Postby greencardigan on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:46 am

I've been buying mine from TechBuy. Most likely there are cheaper places around.
greencardigan

Postby MSF on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm

If you can't see the one you want - call them up and ask. Chances are they do have it, just not listed.

I order a fair few tanks at a time so always call them now before I order to make sure they have stock. If they do have everything I need I just then order by phone and give them my credit card and it's at my door the next day. too easy..
MSF

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions