macro virgin

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

macro virgin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 pm

hello,
been asked by a hairdresser to create some "arty" shots for her home, relating to hairdressing.

all discussions so far are macro, closeups of hairdressing things, rather than hair. so, no hair shots, just objects, and salon products (the actual product, not the bottle).

I have the following available;
60cm light tent, 2m light tent (3 sides), studio lights, 30mm and 85mm primes (no "dedicated macro").

so, I'm visualising this list, and looking for any pointers;

1. shot of multiple steel scissors, arranged over a mirror, with water beading all over. (will be ultra careful of refelections in this one).
2. close up of two drops of different color hair gel, clear enough to see the bubbles in the gel
3. three pearl nail polishes poured out over an opaque white plexiglass
4. two dobs of hair dye paste, over an opaque white plexiglass

I have the images in my head, just a "macro" style virgin, please be gentle, but forthcoming with handy hints.

note sure if I might struggle to get close enough for the detail without a close focus longer lens (also have the 17-35)
Oz_Beachside

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions