Monitor question

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Monitor question

Postby sunnylass on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:03 pm

I have my lovely new BenQ monitor, and its taken some getting used to, after my little freebie Dell 14" monitor that I got by with. Now, when I look at an image on my monitor, if I look at the top section, the image is darker than if I scroll down further. Does that make sense? Remember, I'm blonde, so be nice!

Oh and might as well throw in a second question, seeings as I've already donated my next instalment of stupid questions.

How do I tell my pc to open my images with something other than GIMP.
sunnylass

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:14 pm

:lol: Simple - you are not looking at the monitor in a flat plane - angle the monitor so that the whole screen looks the same :wink:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: Monitor question

Postby ATJ on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:23 pm

sunnylass wrote:How do I tell my pc to open my images with something other than GIMP.

Right click on one image. Click "Open With" and then "Choose Program...". Select the application you want to use as default. Click the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Click "OK".

The default for that file type will be changed. You may need to do the same thing for other file types.
ATJ

Postby sunnylass on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Ok I told ya I'm blonde :lol:

thanks for that.
sunnylass

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions