Highly recommended book about exposure

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Highly recommended book about exposure

Postby adamj123 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:42 pm

I just finished reading "Understanding Exposure" (revised edition) by Bryan Perterson and would highly recommend it for anyone starting out in photography. It gave me an in depth and thorough understanding on the mechanics and theory behind obtaining a correct exposure with heaps practical examples of how it is applied.

So if your having troubles understanding exposure get this book!

-Adam
adamj123

Postby shakey on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:44 pm

I'll second that recommendation. Fairly cheap through Amazon as well.
shakey

Postby michael_ on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 pm

definately a great book but it does leave you thinking when you start to understand things a little more, i wish it went more in to metering but that can be found on the net easily.
michael_

Postby Wocka on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 am

I found a copy of this book on the net, I'm still to read it.
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Postby Raskill on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 am

I bought a 'used' copy from amazon, read it, several times, and sold it on ebay for more than I paid for it.

It is such an easy book to understand, heaps of images, and despite being skewed towards film (a few digital mentions) everything is relevant. If you have any trouble with exposure, get this book.

Thats my 2 cents worth! :D
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions