Best place to buy a 30D in Hong Kong?

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Best place to buy a 30D in Hong Kong?

Postby adamj123 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:00 pm

My brother is currently in Hong Kong and looking at getting a Canon 30D. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get it from over there?

thanks
adamj123

Postby huw62 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:01 pm

from what i have heard all the camera shops are in stanley street, just play one off against the other until he gets a great price!
huw62

Postby photograham on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:15 pm

I have just arrived home from Europe via Hong Kong.
Stanley St has only about 4 shops of varying quality, but 1 closeby called Hing Lee is very good, and is also mentioned in the Lonely Planet Guide as being genuine and honest. (I spent about $4,000 here). In Kowloon, you will find Nathan Road, near Mong Kok station, also has planty of camera shops.
But don't forget to have a look at Poon's prices through this group. We really only purchased in Hong Kong on the spur of the moment and could have waited to purchase from Poon, although I will purchase from Poon a lens that my wife bought and has found to be excellent (Nikon 18-200mm VR)
photograham

Postby adamj123 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Unfortunately I cannot see Poons prices as I only become a member here a couple of days ago...is anyone able to tell me what price he has for the 30D body only?
adamj123

Postby the foto fanatic on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:31 pm

Sorry Adam - but it doesn't work that way.

The prices for any of the gear that can be arranged through this forum is only available to those who have been here for a while and made a reasonable contribution to the forum.

If you read the site's FAQs, it should all become clear to you.

I hope we see more of you around the forum.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby DJXtreme on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Cheers,

Will
DJXtreme

Postby adamj123 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:40 pm

thanks for that! looks good, ill let him know of that site
adamj123