filters

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

filters

Postby huw62 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Does anyone use filters e.g star filters or centre spot and have any samples they can post for me to have a look at the different effects?
huw62

Postby Yi-P on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:07 pm

I only used once of those, but I find that they degrade too much quality of the lens and rather do the effects on photoshop, much more control that you have there.
Yi-P

Postby Matt. K on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:33 pm

What Yi-P said, although some of the neutral density graded filters can be useful for controlling the brightness of the sky.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Pehpsi on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm

I've had a UV filter on my 70-200 since day one, i think it's a cheapo, will this affect images at all?? Never thought about it..
Nikon D70
12-24 DX, 18-70 DX, 70-200 VR

20" iMac Intel C2D
Aperture 2.1
PS CS3

http://www.jamesrobertphotography.com
Pehpsi

Postby adam on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Pehpsi wrote:I've had a UV filter on my 70-200 since day one, i think it's a cheapo, will this affect images at all?? Never thought about it..

Yes, it will affect it, but it might be ok, depending on whether it's acceptable to you.
---
Equipment: camera body, wide lens, standard lens, telephoto lens, flash
Wish list: skill
adam

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions