Panorama shot

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Panorama shot

Postby Technik on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:43 pm

Sorry to be a totally noob, does anyone know the standard size for a panorama shot?
D70s/D200; Tokina 16-50mm 2.8; 18-70DX ; 50mm 1.8 ; 80-200mm 2.8D ; SB600 + Stofen Omini Bouncer
Technik

Postby christiand on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Hello there,

I never thought that there was a standard size for a panorama.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think any size goes.
Have you got 7 meters of vacant wall in your house - go for it.

Regards,
CD
christiand

Postby BT*ist on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:56 pm

On my old APS Camera, Panorama shots had a length to height ratio of 3 to 1. (Edit : Actually I think it's 2.8:1)

For my DSLR, it can be whatever I want but I personally like using the movie widescreen ratios of 1.8 to 1 or 2.35 to 1. That's just a preference of mine, though.
Last edited by BT*ist on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pentax istDS+K10D. Pentax 50mm f1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro, Kit Lenses. http://www.redbubble.com/people/berndt2
BT*ist

Postby Yi-P on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 pm

In digital age, there is not actual 'standard size' for panoramas.

Tho, if you are printing them out, you might actually consider the width of the paper roll to be the height of your photo.

Say, out of an A3 paper roll, your photo height is approx 420mm or 16 inches and can extend to whatever the roll is or the printer can print.
Yi-P

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions