Competition - AGFAnet Photo Contest (Win a D70!)

Old stuff.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Competition - AGFAnet Photo Contest (Win a D70!)

Postby Nnnnsic on Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:39 pm

As I was sorting though my bookmarks last night, I noticed I had a link for the last AGFAnet Photo Competition, and lo-behold... they're running it again! Last time, the entries closed in March this year and you could win a 5700... this time the entries close in November and you can win something befitting of a forum like this one... a D70!

As quoted from the AGFAnet Photo Competition Site:
Cast some light on the darkness! The exciting subject of the competition for the 13th International Agfanet Photo Award is the night and its special characteristics. Unclear contours and figures, you can only guess at many things. Artificial light sources are the focus of our attention, backgrounds melt in the darkness to form an impenetrable entity. A good eye and skilful handling of light, or the lack of light, are called for here. We'll be very interested to see what different ideas you come up with for your photos, and we're already looking forward to receiving your entries.

And with a bit of luck, your photo could win one of the great prizes listed below:

1st Prize
Nikon D70 with Nikkor AF-G 28-80 mm
Excellent features and handling, astonishing speed and performance, as well as first class image quality - the Nikon D70 makes digital photography a very special experience for beginners and experienced photographers alike. An extraordinary camera with fascinating options for creative control.

2nd Prize
Minolta DiMAGE A1
With its numerous attractive functions, this all-round talent convinces not only professionals, but also committed amateurs. The anti-shake function permits relatively long, hand-held exposures, while a high-speed combination of area autofocus and a 3D AF prediction system makes for perfect sharpness.

3rd Prize
Nokia N 6600 (light grey)
This mobile phone with integrated digital camera, zoom, video camera function and video player leaves nothing to be desired. The large TFT colour display is wonderful for viewing the photos you just took, or for playing video sequences. An extensive appointments and address database is also among the features.

4th to 10th Prize
Aiptek MP3 1003 - FM 128MB
An attractive MP3 player with 4 functions: MP3 player, Flash Pendisk with 128 MB memory capacity, dictating machine, radio function.

11th to 20th Prize
USB Memorystick, Design Agfanet.com

21st to 30th Prize
10 Agfa Vista 800 films

31st to 40th Prize
Agfa Promotion Box
The attractively designed box contains not only a mousepad and a mug, but also lots of other useful things. Look forward to a surprise!

The 40 best entries will be exhibited on the Agfanet after conclusion of the Photo Award. If you would like to submit a photo for the current competition, you'll find all the important information under Competition Rules. The closing date for entries is 26 November 2004. The winners of the 13th International Agfanet Photo Award will be announced on 13 December 2004.

Link below:

http://www.agfanet.com/en/cafe/contest/ ... shots.php3
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby Onyx on Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:35 pm

Kewl, thanks for that Leigh. Worth looking into.

So they want artificial light huh? Hmmm....
Onyx

Postby gstark on Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:36 pm

Onyx wrote:Kewl, thanks for that Leigh. Worth looking into.

So they want artificial light huh? Hmmm....

Which ios different from artificial dark in which ways ?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:01 am

All the darkness in the universe will not put out the light from one small candle.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Greg B on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:19 am

Matt, have you been taking your medication?
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Matt. K on Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:21 pm

Greg...I can't get the bloody cork out!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to General Archive