Camerastore.com.au

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Camerastore.com.au

Postby Greg B on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:01 pm

I bought from camerastore.com.au

Ordered monday by email, got a phone call to confirm all details, stuff arrived the next morning about 10am, everything in good shape, received everything ordered.

I would have to give them ten out of ten. They couldn't have done more.

(Actually, they only really did what you have every right to expect, but they did it - not all places do apparently)
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Kris on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:46 pm

Thats great! As a word of warning do not buy from a ebay australian seller by the name of Xcelicom. He's totally and utterly useless.

I ordered a Sandisk card reader, its now 2 weeks and hasnt shown up. He deposited a refund into my account today after much argument. he claims to have sent it via express post (as the add said) but after I asked why it hadn't arrived still after having taken 5 days I found out it didnt get sent via express post ... Apparently it was a ebay typo. The item hasnt shown yet...

Total waste of time, bunch of amatuers.

Ordered a Belkin reader this evening from another Online store. Hopefully with more success
Kris

Postby Flyer on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems with Xcelicom.
I bought Sandisk 512MB Ultra II from him couple months back & it arrived promptly. Very happy with the whole transaction.
He seems to have a pretty good feedback - maybe you just got unlucky?

Arek
Flyer

Postby Kris on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:02 am

I think the real truth is, he hasnt the card in stock or at least anticpated its arrival soon. So he accepted my payment and never sent the item because he never had it... I've noticed hardly ANYONE has this particular reader in stock (other online retailers)
Kris

Postby mijbril on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:14 am

Anyone else had dealings with this outfit??

Along those lines, are the Sigma lenses they carry sourced locally?? (& thus covered by Kennedy's warranty etc)

EDIT : Oh yes, my first post here, hi & all :)
mijbril

Postby Raskill on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:52 am

I bought my D70 from camerastore.com.au about 2 years ago. Ordered it Monday, on doorstep Tuesday (from Adelaide to Bathurst). Bloody amazing. Prices are okay. Not as good as here, but still better than most shopfronts.
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby koala on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:34 am

I ordered a Sigma lens, it's out of stock, still waiting... after three weeks. Calling them every few days to hassle them. CR Kennedy really takes their sweet time.
koala

Postby mijbril on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:27 pm

koala wrote:I ordered a Sigma lens, it's out of stock, still waiting... after three weeks. Calling them every few days to hassle them. CR Kennedy really takes their sweet time.

I ended up ordering through Camerastore & like you have been waiting now for a while. Apparently they are waiting on CR Kennedy to fill the back order.

Kennedy might be all defensive of their "sourced Sigma lenses through our authorised outlets only" to have the warranty, but are incredibly slack then in filling their customers orders....
Last edited by mijbril on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mijbril

Postby mijbril on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:53 am

A little further into the story.

I ended up cancelling the order, Kennedy would not be supplying the lens I wanted to Camerastore until April.

Camerastore were very apologetic & refunded quickly. Will be happy to use them again I think, but not before ensuring that the item I want is in stock.
mijbril

Postby BlahBlah on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:09 pm

I have nothing but praise for them

always fairly well priced and quick to deliver the goods I have ordered :)
BlahBlah

Return to Trader Opinions