PES - Photo Equipment Store.com.au

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

PES - Photo Equipment Store.com.au

Postby bigsarg7 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 am

Curious to know if anyone has dealt with these guys before? I am looking at purchasing a Phottix Odin TTl Flash trigger set however I have never dealt with this company or really heard of them before. Good bad and ugly reviews are all appreciated. Or if anyone has a set they no longer need and want to offload which will save me risking money through a store I really don't know much about I will be happy too.

link to item:
http://www.photoequipmentstore.com.au/C ... RIGGER-Set

Thanks guys.

bigsarg
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Re: PES - Photo Equipment Store.com.au

Postby aim54x on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:49 pm

bigsarg,

if you are after the Phottix Odin, buy direct from PhottixStore...(I can check to see if there are any discount codes at the moment)

http://www.phottix.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=104
Last edited by aim54x on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby bigsarg7 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks, I hadn't realised or even thought about purchasing direct from the company.
:oops:

and yes if you have a discount code i'd appreciate it or if you know where to get one from!! :D
Last edited by bigsarg7 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Postby aim54x on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I have been using Phottix gear for a while and do a bit of testing for them...hence the affiliate link. At the moment I have a set of Strato TTL and a Mitros flash that I am playing with (testing all done). I have not been able to get an Odin unit to play with though. Let me know how you go. Just a word of warning, there may be a slight delay as the office shuts down over CNY (which is this weekend) so it may be a week or two before they ship.
Cameron
aim54x

Postby bigsarg7 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks for your help. I actually decided to go for the STRATO TTL FLASH TRIGGER SET. Figured it was all I needed at the moment. I assisted another local professional photographer around my region last weekend and found his Odin units to be brilliant, mind you he was shooting with 1-3 flashes regularly through out the day. Fascinating watching others and how they work.

Sheesh I am shattered its not going to be a quick delivery. Could have come in handy at my next wedding on the 8th feb. Obviously not essential to have but it would have been nice to have some TTl flash off camera. :)

I ended up using a code HORSE15 - it gave me 20 % off. So I thought that was pretty decent.
bigsarg7

Postby aim54x on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:10 pm

bigsarg7 wrote:Thanks for your help. I actually decided to go for the STRATO TTL FLASH TRIGGER SET. Figured it was all I needed at the moment. I assisted another local professional photographer around my region last weekend and found his Odin units to be brilliant, mind you he was shooting with 1-3 flashes regularly through out the day. Fascinating watching others and how they work.

Sheesh I am shattered its not going to be a quick delivery. Could have come in handy at my next wedding on the 8th feb. Obviously not essential to have but it would have been nice to have some TTl flash off camera. :)

I ended up using a code HORSE15 - it gave me 20 % off. So I thought that was pretty decent.

I was just about to post that code! It looks like the office will be closed until Tuesday....I hope you enjoy the Strato TTL
Cameron
aim54x

Postby gstark on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:48 pm

aim54x wrote: It looks like the office will be closed until Tuesday....

Chinese New Year. Poon will be spending quality time with his family.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Trader Opinions