Blanco Negro

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Blanco Negro

Postby Reschsmooth on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Not sure how many would be aware of this little outfit in Alexandria - I think it is a one man band.

I ordered some paper and developer from him yesterday. Arrived home from a meeting this morning to find the package awaiting me. Hopefully he lets me pay him soon.

What can I say - brilliant. Competitive prices. THIS is how retail should be. Unlike my current and ongoing experience with a nameless Swedish flatpack retailer who has the worst internal systems I have seen like EVA! I could imagine calling the State Rail Authority in the 80s about a lost pen on a train would have been simpler and produced a better result.
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Re: Blanco Negro

Postby Remorhaz on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Reschsmooth wrote:I could imagine calling the State Rail Authority in the 80s about a lost pen on a train would have been simpler and produced a better result.

:) - don't you mean calling State Rail today about a pen you lost on a train IN the 80's that you now want back :)
D600, D7000, Nikon/Sigma/Tamron Lenses, Nikon Flashes, Sirui/Manfrotto/Benro Sticks
Rodney - My Photo Blog
Want: Fast Wide (14|20|24)
Remorhaz

Postby Reschsmooth on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Remorhaz wrote:
Reschsmooth wrote:I could imagine calling the State Rail Authority in the 80s about a lost pen on a train would have been simpler and produced a better result.

:) - don't you mean calling State Rail today about a pen you lost on a train IN the 80's that you now want back :)

I am sure I would still get a better result. :twisted:
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby gstark on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Reschsmooth wrote:
Remorhaz wrote:

I am sure I would still get a better result. :twisted:

Are we talking 1980s, or 1880s?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Trader Opinions