KEH.com

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

KEH.com

Postby aim54x on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:26 pm

I know others have used this site, but I just placed an order last night/this morning. I tried to order last night and pay via PayPal but this left me in a never ending loop so I was up early his morning placing a long distance call to them and have placed and paid for an order (still via PayPal).

The customer service over the phone (I spoke with Brent) was excellent, and enjoyable. It is a shame that the time distance makes this exercise such a pain. Unfortunately a small mistake was made in keying in my address (I live in Austria apparently) but I have emailed through to correct this as well as adding this to the Paypal payment notice.

Now I hope that my order gets dispatched and arrives safely. I keep reading about how conservative their ratings are, so my order which contains NEW, EX+, EX and BGN lenses will give me a very good snapshot of just how they rate.

For those who are interested......I have ordered a range of older Tamron Adaptall/Adaptall-2 lenses and an adapter to suit my Sony A65. I am thinking about selling off the Nikon kit....so if anyone is interested in some gear maybe PM me with offers.

My order consists of:

-Tamron SP 17mm f/3.5 (51B with built in filter turret) BGN
-Tamron 24mm f/2.5 NEW
-Tamron 28mm f/2.8 EX+
-Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 EX
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Re: KEH.com

Postby surenj on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm

By cameron, which Nikon are you selling?? :shock:
surenj

Postby aim54x on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm

My order arrived today......

However, somewhere between AustPost and USPS the box got badly mangled and two of my four lenses didnt survive. Both the 17mm and the 28mm have shattered rear elements....so it will be great test to see how this all pans out for me.

Having had a quick play with the 90mm and 24mm I am impressed. If it wasnt for the busted rear elements I would have easily mistook the BGN rated 17mm as a EX. The 90mm however has a funky looking multicoat artefact on one of the inner front elements (ie not on the first one) and slight milky-ness in the preriphery of the front element. I will also have to have a look at returning this lens as I am not 100% on the condition.

Looks like I will be waiting up tonight to lodge a long distance call to hopefully have something sorted out. I'll keep you all posted.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Murray Foote on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Bad luck. I've used KEH several times and had no trouble. Just a week or two ago I picked up a Gura Gear Kuboko 30L backpack from them.

I fell sure they'll respond appropriately.
Murray Foote

Return to Trader Opinions