finally a professional photobook company!!

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

finally a professional photobook company!!

Postby bigsarg7 on Thu May 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello everyone. Well in march i photographed my first wedding, and for their album they agreed to a photobook. After trying out harvey norman and getting the worst ever photobook -every photo was overexposed and lifeless. I have never seen such a terrible photobook. I then proceeded to complain and sent them back with the shots i had printed prior to ordering the book (to make sure my shots looked the way i wanted to in 4 x 6 photo's before spending money on a photobook). They have taken 3 weeks to sort it out, and in the end i got fed up and found a new photobook company. From their website they looked very professional, their service was amazing .

This company is called "Photobooksaustralia.com.au". They give you so many options as to the overall design of the book, the cover -choices of material covers , the paper used - pay more to get heavier better quality paper -matte or glossy. I chose the 12x12 debossed book in black linen with the heavier glossier paper. they had (and still have 40% off) so for 42 pages i only paid $101. which was a great price. I was worried as to how it would turn out after all the issues with harvey norman and the book arrived today and i was blown away by the quality of the cover, the binding, the paper and the quality of the prints inside were so incredibly perfect i can not pick a fault with it. So on that note i highly recommend this company. The software which i had to download to create the book, was easy to navigate and use, and in comparison to other photobook companies i have tried has so much more quality and thought put into its design, as you move a photo the grid appears so you can get the perfect layout.

So i suggest you all check them out, i can not recommend them more highly.....there is so much choice as to the style of book you want, from soft cover to hard cover, photo covered, material covered...check them out for your next photobook!!
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Re: finally a professional photobook company!!

Postby tommyg on Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 am

We've just recently done 3 photobooks, 2 through photobooks Australia, and another through a company named picpress.

We chose to go with these 2 for different reasons. Photobooks Australia do a great book with some nice paper options, however they do not do a lay-flat style. PicPress on the other hand have these.

Both came through and look great - picpress also do a 50% off option for sample books if you want to see what they are like. I definitely recommend the PicPress for things like wedding books, having images that go across the centre of pages looks great. However they are quite a bit more expensive than Photobooks Australia.

I'd recommend both for different requirements, and depending on who wants them and price
Tom
Red Bubble
TLC Photography
Nikon D810, D700, D90 (IR)
tommyg

Return to Trader Opinions