digiDIRECT

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

digiDIRECT

Postby ATJ on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Have you bought from digiDIRECT? If you have, can you recommend them?

I'm looking for a Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro in Nikon mount (and don't want the HSM model as it is too wide to fit into a housing port). They have a good price AU$416 which seems comparable to B&H for the HSM version.

I see they have been mentioned in a few posts but no direct experience has been mentioned.

Thanks,
ATJ

Re: digiDIRECT

Postby biggerry on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Andrew, you planning on buying online or going to one of their stores? The fact they do have a number of brick&mortar stores would instill a certian level of confidence for me. I have not bought from them before so I cannot comment further.
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby ATJ on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:43 am

Probably online, so I don't have to battle my way into the city.
ATJ

Postby aim54x on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

DigiDirect is a bricks and mortar store on York St, and used to work out of Bondi Junction as well. I purchased from them when they were in Bondi Junction (Lowepro Inverse 200AW) and they were very helpful over the phone etc. Now that I have run into their crew at various training events I can quite happy to say that I would have no problems buying from them as they are one of the most competitively priced AUSTRALIAN STOCK retailers there is. Just be aware that you should not expect great service (had a nice report of that recently). If you are buying online then service is a non-issue :cheers:
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Trader Opinions