Digital Camera Warehouse

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Digital Camera Warehouse

Postby dawesy on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I found these guys via google, looking for a cheap tripod bag that would protect my baby. They had what looked the goods at the right price so I took a punt and ordered.

My email order confirmation was received at 9:19am today, and I just received the package in my hand at the office at 3:33pm. Colour me impressed!

The bag is exactly what I was expecting based on the website, in fact a tad better, so I can't ask for more on that front.

These guys have stores in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane as well where pickup is an option if preferred and the location is handy, which it isn't for me.
dawesy

Re: Digital Camera Warehouse

Postby aim54x on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

I am sure there is another thread regarding these guys...but yes they are very good in terms of getting GENUINE AUSTRALIAN stock at lower than normal pricing. They are the bane of many a retailer.

I have used them and have always been happy with the service. My last last purchase was an unobtainium Nikon DK23 which I ordered in Dec ($14 free shippint) but was told that Nikon was out of stock, to their credit they kept me informed when the first ETA was about to expire to let me know that there was still no stock, and when it finally arrived the billed me the $14 and did not charge for shipping.

Top marks for service and the added bonus of not charging me until the item was ready to ship
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Re: Digital Camera Warehouse

Postby photomarcs on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 am

They are what I'd consider a professional corporation. In the way that they handle business, marketing and products, I find it rediculously well organised in terms of response to consumers alike.

Though, I will admit.. as much of a competitor as they are in Sydney, I just wish they'd position themselves a bit better in terms of location.
Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Return to Trader Opinions