Camera Service Centre - Castlereagh St Sydney

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Camera Service Centre - Castlereagh St Sydney

Postby aim54x on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I am not sure if this is the best place to put it, but I just wanted to spread a few good words about Richard and the boys down at Camera Service Centre on Castlereagh Street in Sydney.

I am very happy to say that I now have both my Nikon FM2n and my Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro back from Camera Service Centre. I have to say that the experience with getting these cameras serviced has been both pleasant and quick, other than a short wait for parts to come in.

My treasured FM2n was sent in for a general check up and to have the AI metering ring (the ring that couples with the tabs on the end of a non-G type Nikkor lens) replaced as the previous owner had removed the tab. I had stupidly scratched the focus panel on my S5 Pro trying to clean out some stubborn marks in my viewfinder with a PecPad wrapped around a plastic spatula cut down for sensor cleaning. Turns out this focusing screen is more delicate than the image sensor itself!

I dropped off the FM2n and ordered the part for the S5 Pro on the 21st October (they were very happy to let me keep the S5 until the part came in) and other than a bit of delay due to sourcing the parts (Nikon Australia) everything went smoothly. The best part, the FM2n cost me $120 and the S5 Pro cost me $55...both figures are in my opinion reasonable.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Re: Camera Service Centre - Castlereagh St Sydney

Postby Geoff on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Good to hear Cameron, thanks for sharing.
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby photomarcs on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Prices sounds pretty reasonable =D $55 for a new focusing screen doesn't sound like too much damage, we can estimate the cost, but hey.. everyone needs to profit somewhere =D
Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Postby aim54x on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 pm

photomarcs wrote:Prices sounds pretty reasonable =D $55 for a new focusing screen doesn't sound like too much damage, we can estimate the cost, but hey.. everyone needs to profit somewhere =D

Actually we cant estimate the cost as that is a spare part not an accessory - it is not on the pricelists we get at work. But $55 was VERY reasonable in my opinion. Maybe you should send your AE-1 there and maybe the S9500 as well...or even an email quote
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby photomarcs on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:02 am

Theres no point fixing the other AE1... too expensive for what it is, and the 9500 is definately not a go for.. its not exactly worth fixing in my opinion.. I'd rather get teh s2000HD =D
Canon | Sony | Panasonic | Tamron | Sigma
My photography is still developing.
Don't be so negative!
http://www.photomarcs.com
photomarcs

Return to Trader Opinions