D-D-Photographics prices and service

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

D-D-Photographics prices and service

Postby jimboman on Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 am

I have had some interesting dealings with D-D-Photographics lately. I have in the past spent quite a few thousand dollars with this crowd, as reasonable prices were offered and at the time, service was ok. Now they seem to hesitate on current prices (for some high end equipment), when emailed and I have had to chase them up...this is not really good service. Also I have done some shopping around at for maybe a couple of hundred dollars more on a high end item, I have been able to get the same item with an Australian warranty, that is the item was wholesaled through the Australian distributor.
I guess that the advertised price is not what you may end up paying. Forget the hype that it is all dependant on stock availability in conjunction with the current A$ exchange rate. My gripe is that this company and others with same type of supply structure, state that they have the stock at that price....but sometimes when you go to purchase the item...no stock is currently available and they will have to get back to you with a confirmed stock availability and price.
These businesses should update their stock availability and prices more regularly. Yes I am Pro photographer and time is money, so the need to get reliable information on an item is important, the same as paying the least you can for the equipment needed.As I have found, and as most people already know, it pays to be patient and shop around. Me thinks I will return to the likes of ECS at Drummoyne if this situation does not improve. This is a shame because, the guy I origionally dealt with, from his little apartment in the same block, gave me confidence in the companies ability to deliver.
jimboman

Re: D-D-Photographics prices and service

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 am

jimboman wrote:Now they seem to hesitate on current prices (for some high end equipment), when emailed and I have had to chase them up...this is not really good service. Also I have done some shopping around at for maybe a couple of hundred dollars more on a high end item, I have been able to get the same item with an Australian warranty, that is the item was wholesaled through the Australian distributor.

You seem surprised at this situation. Why? In about late September of last year two things happened.

1: The Australian distributors of camera gear all seemed to bring in significant quantities of stock from OS at the then current exchange rate.

2: The Pacific Peso tanked, dropping in value by about 33% almost overnight.

The end result of this is that locally sourced product became relatively cheap, but grey stock - which is paid for at any current prevailing exchange rate - becomes somewhat more expensive. And to give you an example of the volatility of the PP's exchange rate, last Thursday it was nudging US$0.77. Today it's US$0.74. That can create a very significant variation in the prices that we see from grey importers, whereas the stock brought in by, for instance, Nikon Oz, has already been fully paid for at a known rate.

As the quantity of locally sourced stock purchased at those favourable rates is now starting to be exhausted, we are starting to see those prices increase. Canon and Nikon both announced significant price increases effective February last, but there has not yet been significant evidence of those increases at the coalface.

That said, the price of the D5000 is, IMHO, significantly greater than its featureset suggests it should be, and that, for me, is indicative of the fact that the ex-Singapore price that Nikon Oz is paying for these bodies is not at the favourable exchange rates that we have been seeing over the last nine months or so.

jimboman wrote:Forget the hype that it is all dependant on stock availability in conjunction with the current A$ exchange rate. My gripe is that this company and others with same type of supply structure, state that they have the stock at that price....but sometimes when you go to purchase the item...no stock is currently available and they will have to get back to you with a confirmed stock availability and price.

No, it's not "hype"; it's a fact of life. And many items are eternally popular and in short supply. In many instance, when you're dealing with suppliers of grey stock, you are dealing with people who supply to the whole world as a market. Do not for a moment think that you are their sole customer.

We have regular dealings with HK Supplies, and they ship hundreds of orders, daily, to all corners of the globe. I know, a globe doesn't have corners ... :)

These businesses should update their stock availability and prices more regularly.

Stock that comes in this morning is often sold and shipped the same day. Pricing is frequently on a spot basis, as the suppliers negotiate the best pricing from other local (to them) sources. The realities of the market are very different from what we might all like to see. For instance, I'd like to see the PP back up to near US$ parity. :)

Yes I am Pro photographer and time is money, so the need to get reliable information on an item is important, the same as paying the least you can for the equipment needed.

I'm going to call you on this: as a pro photographer, surely the most important aspect is to get the best tool for the job? For a pro, price, whilst being important, becomes less of an issue as the item involved is accounted for as a working asset, and as such, gets either written off or depreciated, thus negating the actual cost.

Yes, cashflow is an issue, but if you end up spending several hours trying to save $200, then you're effectively increasing the cost due to the lost production that you have encountered while trying to save those few dollars.

Further, buying locally sourced stock means that you can get GST advantages, in addition to the warranty advantages. And then there's the various pro programs that the local distributors offer to qualified photographers.

And FTR, ECS has been cheaper than any trusted grey supplier since ... oh, yes, about September of last year. Fancy that? :)

Housekeeping issue: Please ensure that you put a meaningful location in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Thank you.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby jimboman on Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I reckon that the reply posted has some merit, but you have failed to address one BIG problem. Some of your staff are very slow or slack in replying to a customers enquiry, plus being a bit rude on the phone...not good. I am fully aware of the worlds economic situation but it does not detract from the fact your business cannot give a reasonable reply on current price and availability.in my case and possibly others. It is unfortunate for you, that you have chosen to reply but have not fully addressed the problems, and that you had to have a little dig at ECS, who look, now to have a far more professional attitude towards their customers.

As a professional, the cost of my equipment is paramount in this day and age. The better I do in expenses, the better the cost for my clients. this has been the case for the last 25 years.
I am saddened to say this but, you have lost some good future sales from my business, but I guess that some people run their business with the concept that customers are like buses...there will be another one along in a minute.
jimboman

Postby shakey on Mon May 18, 2009 8:22 pm

jimboman wrote:I reckon that the reply posted has some merit, but you have failed to address one BIG problem. Some of your staff are very slow or slack in replying to a customers enquiry, plus being a bit rude on the phone...not good. I am fully aware of the worlds economic situation but it does not detract from the fact your business cannot give a reasonable reply on current price and availability.in my case and possibly others. It is unfortunate for you, that you have chosen to reply but have not fully addressed the problems, and that you had to have a little dig at ECS, who look, now to have a far more professional attitude towards their customers.

As a professional, the cost of my equipment is paramount in this day and age. The better I do in expenses, the better the cost for my clients. this has been the case for the last 25 years.
I am saddened to say this but, you have lost some good future sales from my business, but I guess that some people run their business with the concept that customers are like buses...there will be another one along in a minute.

Huh? AFAIK Gary, and DSLrUsers has no connection with D-D Photographics.

Great rant though. :twisted:
shakey

Postby whitey on Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Its not even April Fools Day :biglaugh:
D80, 50mm F/1.8, 18-70mm DX, Sigma 10-20mm
whitey

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 8:32 pm

jimboman wrote:I reckon that the reply posted has some merit, but you have failed to address one BIG problem. Some of your staff

Whose staff?

What are you talking about? I have no staff, and I suspect that I never spoken wiyth you on the phone.

are very slow or slack in replying to a customers enquiry, plus being a bit rude on the phone...not good. I am fully aware of the worlds economic situation but it does not detract from the fact your business cannot give a reasonable reply on current price and availability.

What business? Who in the world do you think you are talking to?

Perhaps you need to acquaint yourself with a few facts: this is dslrusers.com. We have no association whatsoever with DD Photographics. None!

I have no idea what you are on about, and respectfully, it seems that you have even less.

in my case and possibly others. It is unfortunate for you, that you have chosen to reply but have not fully addressed the problems, and that you had to have a little dig at ECS, who look, now to have a far more professional attitude towards their customers.

I also have no association with ECS, and I did not have a dig at them.

Please take a few moments and (a) acquaint yourself with the facts, and (b) if you wish to continue posting here, address the housekeeping issue that I mentioned in my earlier response to you.

With respect, no. The cost of your equipment, when amortised across the income from several hundred jobs per annum, is irrelevant.

Well, seeing as I have no photographic equipment sales business, I am truly relieved. But I guess that means that you can cheer yourself up again, doesn't it?
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

shakey wrote:
jimboman wrote:I reckon that the reply posted has some merit, but you have failed to address one BIG problem. Some of your staff are very slow or slack in replying to a customers enquiry, plus being a bit rude on the phone...not good. I am fully aware of the worlds economic situation but it does not detract from the fact your business cannot give a reasonable reply on current price and availability.in my case and possibly others. It is unfortunate for you, that you have chosen to reply but have not fully addressed the problems, and that you had to have a little dig at ECS, who look, now to have a far more professional attitude towards their customers.

Huh? AFAIK Gary, and DSLrUsers has no connection with D-D Photographics.

Great rant though. :twisted:

Simon, you are correct.

On all points. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby devilla101 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Ummm... Pretty sure Gary is not part of DD so your post doesnt make any sense.
devilla101

Postby jimboman on Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm

gstark is a moderator of this web site and appears to be part of the d-d-set up. While I have no problem with that, if it is the case there could be a conflict of interest. If some of my comments have pissed some members off...well too bad. They say the truth always hurts.
jimboman

Postby biggerry on Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm

man, talk about being in the twilight zone..I had to check the address in the browers half thru this thread... 8)

like buses...there will be another one along in a minute.

clearly you are not in sydney :roll:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby devilla101 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 pm

jimboman wrote:gstark is a moderator of this web site and appears to be part of the d-d-set up. While I have no problem with that, if it is the case there could be a conflict of interest. If some of my comments have pissed some members off...well too bad. They say the truth always hurts.

Personally me, I'm not pissed off. However you just seem a bit confused and paranoid to some extent. Ummm there really is no Gary and DD conspiracy going on. Take it easy. If your pissed of at DD give them a call. Use that professional attitude you've built up in the past 25 years to tell them your dissatisfaction.
devilla101

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 pm

jimboman wrote:gstark is a moderator of this web site

No. I'm the owner of this site.

and appears to be part of the d-d-set up.

And by what means have you established this?

I have never had anything to do with DD Photographics.

Never.

Never visited them. Never called them. Never spoken with them. Ever.

All I do is run this forum. And provide a little bit advice, as well as a connection to HK Supplies. Who are in Hong Kong, and to my knowledge, they, to have no connection with DD Photographics.

While I have no problem with that, if it is the case there could be a conflict of interest.

As there is no connection, there is no conflict of interest. Perhaps if you took a few minutes to look at the facts, instead of ranting about stuff of which you appear to have very little knowledge, you might learn a few things.

If some of my comments have pissed some members off...well too bad. They say the truth always hurts.

No, I don't think that you've pissed anyone off. I find your ill-informed diatribe quite amusing, and I suspect that most other members here also find your comments very funny.

I certainly need the laugh. :biglaugh:
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby jimboman on Mon May 18, 2009 8:55 pm

That what I expected from you......full of crap....read your blog...again all piss and wind. You own this site...well well
your reply has answered all the questions various people have been asking. Shame. it is a good site run by an egotistical twit. See ya
jimboman

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 9:06 pm

jimboman wrote:That what I expected from you......full of crap....read your blog...again all piss and wind.

Which blog? Please post the link so that we can all share in what you are seeing.

your reply has answered all the questions various people have been asking.

What questions? What "various people" ?

Shame. it is a good site run by an egotistical twit. See ya

Ok, you have clearly not read the rules of this site. Flaming of other members is not permitted. Especially not of me.

Yes, I may be egotistical, but your flaming of me is inappropriate and unwelcome.

I have stated the facts several times. You clearly have your own sense of reality, but it fails scrutiny at any and all levels.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Ron,

devilla101 wrote:Personally me, I'm not pissed off. However you just seem a bit confused and paranoid to some extent. Ummm there really is no Gary and DD conspiracy going on. Take it easy. If your pissed of at DD give them a call. Use that professional attitude you've built up in the past 25 years to tell them your dissatisfaction.

Exactly.

Complaining to me about DD is of no use whatsoever.

I'd love to be able to help him, but there's no way that I can.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Well jimboman I’m not the kind of person that reads the tripe that you have foisted on this site without saying that you are a lost soul.

To read your first thread as a continuous sentence without regard to any form of grammar whatsoever, indicates, to me, that there is no communication between your brain and intelligence.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Reschsmooth on Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Respectfully, should this entire thread not be deleted? It was instigated by a troll, completely unaware of any relevant facts and in total violation of the forum rules? Seriously, it serves no purpose to anyone, save providing some laughs.

It claims to be a professional - 'professionalism' relates to behaviour.
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby inmotion on Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Well Not wishing to buy in too much I would like to state the obvious
-This site has been extreemly helpfull to my selection and evaluation of equiptment
-While NEVER promoting a common source several leads have been supplied
-Local help has been forthcoming from other members in Adelaide (much apreciated)
_Garys personal evaluation of some of my questions has been prompt , knoledgable and always aimed at quickly getting to the core of a problem
-Sometimes witty???and appears to have a dry sense of humour but is only ever directed at those he has established a rapore with
This site does what it is ment to do VERY well--Keep up the good work and remember its only the dodgy people that make normal people normal--Cheers from Adelaide--InMotion :cheers: :cheers:
inmotion

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Reschsmooth wrote: it serves no purpose to anyone, save providing some laughs.

Which is why I'm reluctant to delete it.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby shakey on Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Reschsmooth wrote:Respectfully, should this entire thread not be deleted?

I guess that is Gary's call but I'm not in favor of deleting threads. The OP may go to some other forum and say "DSLrusers has something to hide. They just deleted my thread about Gary Stark running DD photographics and pissing off his customers. Here's what I posted at that site. You won't be able to find it there now. If Mr Stark had nothing to hide why did he delete my thread?".

Locking threads and letting them sink into the archives may be the best, but after all it's Gary's call, so I'm happy to leave it to his judgement.

Little edit...see there has been a couple of replies since I started to slowly type this...anyway that's my reason for a "no delete" policy apart from the laughs.
shakey

Postby gstark on Mon May 18, 2009 10:38 pm

shakey wrote:
Reschsmooth wrote:Respectfully, should this entire thread not be deleted?

I guess that is Gary's call but I'm not in favor of deleting threads.

Neither am I. Very few posts have ever been deleted from this forum. We do have a section - accessible only to the mods - for threads which we feel need to be suspended. Those are usually spamming threads, and we simply move the thread there, where we can discuss the posts made and, if required, take corrective action.

This one doesn't bother me all that much. Facts are facts, and they have been stated and restated. That somebody claims to be a professional, but chooses to act in such an unprofessional manner is of little import.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby chrisk on Mon May 18, 2009 10:45 pm

jimboman wrote:gstark is a moderator of this web site and appears to be part of the d-d-set up. While I have no problem with that, if it is the case there could be a conflict of interest. If some of my comments have pissed some members off...well too bad. They say the truth always hurts.

yes...i'm with you mate !! this is an OUTRAGE i tell ya.

thank you for exposing gary's heinous affiliations...pssst...i've heard that he's also at the route of the arab-israeli conflict, george bush's shoe dodging coach and has made a small fortune by founding mens nasal spray technology.

shhhh...dont tell anyone though...and pass me over one of them red and yellow pills pls...
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby big pix on Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

.....pppppssssss heard Gary is moonlighting as a salesman, along with his jazz gigs..... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Postby aim54x on Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 pm

This just made me laugh.. :biglaugh:
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby losfp on Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 am

Hmmmm.. mind you, if you click on any of the google ads at the top of the screen OR have a look at the google ads at the bottom of the screen, d-d-photographics IS one of the advertisers, so I can see how the connection could have been made (however tenuous).

Of course, GS and dslrusers.com has absolutely no control over the content of said ads, but again I can see how the mistake could have been made.

This naturally does not detract from the hilarity of this thread :)
losfp

Postby surenj on Tue May 19, 2009 12:53 am

:lol:

It seems like Mr Grumpy has left though? Darn he didn't even put a location on his profile. :shock:
surenj

Postby muzz on Tue May 19, 2009 3:00 am

I heard it was Gary that put the pension age up to 67 too - that's gonna piss a few members off for sure! :shock:
Canon 7D | Canon 350D | G5 | S95 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.8 II | 70-200mm f2.8L USM | 430EX II | Strobist gear
muzz

Postby gstark on Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

losfp wrote:Hmmmm.. mind you, if you click on any of the google ads at the top of the screen OR have a look at the google ads at the bottom of the screen, d-d-photographics IS one of the advertisers, so I can see how the connection could have been made (however tenuous).

Des,

Very bloody tenuous. The ads I'm seeing at the top of the screen, as I write this, are for a Nikon D50 Fisheye (no such thing), Nikon Em Camera (30+ years old), Nikon MC DC1, and Nikon Lens for D70. I'm not too sure that any of those items would be in the current DD catalogue.

If we take that logic (I'm not having a go at you, but trying to see how this might work) then by extension Sydney buses are also in a conspiracy with all of those who choose to advertise on the sides of the buses, and by implication, the bus driver needs to be taken to task if the movie that's advertised on the side of the bus he's driving isn't up to your expectations.

We have a couple of current and/or retired bus drivers amongst our members, so they had better smarten up the ads on the sides of their buses. :)

What you are, in effect, trying to say is that the OP, a professional photographer, does not have the intelligence, or the integrity, to discern between paid advertising content (clearly labeled as such), and actual forum content. I'm not sure I would subscribe to that theory.

After all, he's quite obviously an open minded individual with a very clear insight into my life, despite the fact that, to my knowledge, he's never met me, nor has he ever spoken with me.

Maybe he was the guy who bought that oceanfront land in Broken Hill?

:rotfl2:
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Greg B on Tue May 19, 2009 10:03 am

This whole thing is just weird.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby losfp on Tue May 19, 2009 12:03 pm

gstark wrote:What you are, in effect, trying to say is that the OP, a professional photographer, does not have the intelligence, or the integrity, to discern between paid advertising content (clearly labeled as such), and actual forum content. I'm not sure I would subscribe to that theory.

Gary, I think perhaps you have all too much faith in the average punter's intelligence and common sense.

Maybe I have been exposed to too high a level of muppetry in my day-to-day activities!!! :)
losfp

Postby sirhc55 on Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 pm

You a muppet Des, never :wink: :biglaugh:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Mr Darcy on Tue May 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I really don't see how you guys can't see the blatant link between Gary ad DDPhoto.
It's obvious: They both have "digital" in their name.Not only that, they have both started using Twitter.

The relationship with HK Supplies (a competitor to D-D-P) is just a smokescreen that, obviously, you have all fallen for.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby gstark on Tue May 19, 2009 1:14 pm

losfp wrote:
gstark wrote:What you are, in effect, trying to say is that the OP, a professional photographer, does not have the intelligence, or the integrity, to discern between paid advertising content (clearly labeled as such), and actual forum content. I'm not sure I would subscribe to that theory.

Gary, I think perhaps you have all too much faith in the average punter's intelligence and common sense.

Me??

Faith in the average punter's intelligence and common sense?

Me, of the belief that the average punter is probably very average?

Never! :up:
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby phillipb on Tue May 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Mr Darcy wrote:I really don't see how you guys can't see the blatant link between Gary ad DDPhoto.
It's obvious: They both have "digital" in their name.Not only that, they have both started using Twitter.

The relationship with HK Supplies (a competitor to D-D-P) is just a smokescreen that, obviously, you have all fallen for.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Actually HK Supplies has bought out D-D-P and Gary is the new Manager for the Australian arm of the company but I'm not supposed to say anything. 8)

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby muzz on Tue May 19, 2009 1:39 pm

losfp wrote:Hmmmm.. mind you, if you click on any of the google ads at the top of the screen OR have a look at the google ads at the bottom of the screen, d-d-photographics IS one of the advertisers, so I can see how the connection could have been made (however tenuous).

Well I'm getting an ad for a slimming clinic - maybe it's just me! :oops:
Canon 7D | Canon 350D | G5 | S95 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.8 II | 70-200mm f2.8L USM | 430EX II | Strobist gear
muzz

Postby MATT on Tue May 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Well that brightened up a dull day....

I feel sorry fro the OP as he obviously had his wires crossed... Then buy the time he realized it was to late..

:cheers:

MATT
MATT

Postby BullcreekBob on Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm

surenj wrote::lol:

It seems like Mr Grumpy has left though? Darn he didn't even put a location on his profile. :shock:

Yikes !!! Without a location in his profile, he may not know where to sod off to.

Lovely thread though, it certainly made this morning's coffee and read a much lighter experience.
BullcreekBob

Postby Mr Darcy on Tue May 19, 2009 3:05 pm

biggerry wrote:man, talk about being in the twilight zone..I had to check the address in the browers half thru this thread... 8)

like buses...there will be another one along in a minute.

clearly you are not in sydney :roll:

I live in Sydney (well sort of) and I agree that there WILL be another bus along in a minute. It just won't stop. or it will be going in the wrong direction or will break down just as it pulls in or...
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby biggerry on Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm

I live in Sydney (well sort of) and I agree that there WILL be another bus along in a minute. It just won't stop. or it will be going in the wrong direction or will break down just as it pulls in or...

:rotfl2:

or.... while standing on the opposite side of the road waiting for the 'green man' and 6 busses (3 of the same route, the first late, the second on time and the third early) roll past and pull out before you get across :evil:

or.... (we had this happen to us at circular quay on saturday) your waiting at the FIRST bus stop and the bus pulls out from the holding bay and pulls up at the stop and the driver looks at you (and the other 4 ppl) before pulling away - in this case he was thwarted since there was a red light 5 metres down the road and we almost knocked down the door to get in, and we were not even pissed :?: just tryign to get home at 12:30 in the mornign. :cough:
biggerry

Postby ATJ on Tue May 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Damn, he's gone and didn't leave a link to his (professional) website. I'm sure I could have hired him for a job. Sometimes you need someone that has no idea for a certain type of job.
ATJ

Postby dviv on Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Very entertaining thread! :bowdown:

FYI the blog he was referring to might have been the D-D-Photography blog which you can see at

http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/blog/

Disclaimer: Just because I have posted a link to D D, doesn't mean I own, run, manage, participate in, sell to, sell from, participate in, work at, work on, or in any way endorse the company.

:biglaugh:
7D, 60D, 70-200mm f/4LIS, 17-50mm f/2.8, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 580EX II
dviv

Postby muzz on Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 pm

dviv wrote:FYI the blog he was referring to might have been the D-D-Photography blog which you can see at

Now I see the connection!! :shock: :shock:

muzz

Postby Greg B on Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

muzz wrote:
dviv wrote:FYI the blog he was referring to might have been the D-D-Photography blog which you can see at

Now I see the connection!! :shock: :shock:

Yep, DDPhotog and DSLRusers both on the Interwebs: ergo, must be related
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby biggerry on Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Now I see the connection!!
:biglaugh:
biggerry

Postby surenj on Tue May 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Muzz,

Good one! :rotfl2:
surenj

Postby gstark on Tue May 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanx for pointing that out.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby phillipb on Tue May 19, 2009 7:17 pm

At least now we know the secret to getting more posts in the forum.
The 2 for 1 post by Glen got 28 replies, the troll got 45 (46 now). So let's encourage more trolling :P

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby SuperJT on Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I think we've all missed a very, very important point that was made earlier....

THERE IS WATERFRONT PROPERTY AVAILABLE IN BROKEN HILL :shock:

Ummmm... I'm going for a little drive...back later.....
Canon 50D - EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS - EF 100-400 L - EF 50 f1.8
SuperJT

Postby photohiker on Wed May 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Actually, there is. Or rather, was before the lake dried up. It's called Sunset Strip I hear property is cheap there at the moment...

Michael
photohiker

Postby gstark on Wed May 20, 2009 5:52 pm

SuperJT wrote:I think we've all missed a very, very important point that was made earlier....

THERE IS WATERFRONT PROPERTY AVAILABLE IN BROKEN HILL :shock:

Not just waterfront ... oceanfront!
:mrgreen:
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Next

Return to Trader Opinions