New store in Sydney selling Benro Tripods

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

New store in Sydney selling Benro Tripods

Postby Jenno on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:45 am

A new store has opened in Sydney which is stocking and selling Benro Tripods and heads.
The name of the store is Photo Shop Studio and they are located at

GF 78 Liverpool Street
Sydney

As you can deduce from the name of the store, they are setting up a photographic studio for hire plus will be selling lighting equipment.

Their prices of Benro tripods are about the same as BH landed prices but the good thing is that you can have a play and compare different models in the range before commiting to a purchase.

Just passing this on...No affiliation or connection with the store or owners on my part (but they are nice people to do business with). I found them by way of the Benro cn site

They also sell Benro on au Ebay
Jenno

Re: New store in Sydney selling Benro Tripods

Postby robert on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks for that- I just sent an email to DD photgraphics (in Sydney) suggesting they carry Benro. They said thanks and will look into it- although this may just be their standard reply to product suggestions....

Robert
Robert
EOS 5D Mk II, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200f4 IS, 50 f1.8, 100 macro, 300D (IR Mod)
robert

Postby libertyterran on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Here is their website if anyone interested:
http://www.photo-shop-studio.com/

I tried to call the number listed on the website but noone picked up the phone. Their price is a little more expensive compared to the HK counterparts on eBay, and about the same with BHphotovideo + postage.
libertyterran

Postby Jenno on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:08 am

I tried to call the number listed on the website but noone picked up the phone.

I checked with the manager (luckily he gave me a business card with his mobile number on it) who advised they were having difficulty getting the phone connected...has taken Optus 2 weeks to get as far as a recorded message which I got when i tried this morning.

If you want to contact the shop, he suggested you ring his mobile 0403 688 868 if you cant get through on the landline.
Jenno

Postby Geoff on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:57 pm

I just rang this guy to see how much (and if) he would hire his studio out for a Sunday afternoon...I left a message for him to call me back. Will let u know when I hear.
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby libertyterran on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:39 pm

Jenno wrote:
I tried to call the number listed on the website but noone picked up the phone.

I checked with the manager (luckily he gave me a business card with his mobile number on it) who advised they were having difficulty getting the phone connected...has taken Optus 2 weeks to get as far as a recorded message which I got when i tried this morning.

If you want to contact the shop, he suggested you ring his mobile 0403 688 868 if you cant get through on the landline.

He didn't pick up his cell phone either :(.
Edit: The guys called me back and seemed to be a very nice & honest saleman :). He quoted me the price for the C-258 is $360+$20 postage. M-258 is $310+$20 postage. He also said that they will run a promotion for the Benro M-157 this March, price is somewhere around $170+postage.
libertyterran

Postby gstark on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:04 pm

libertyterran wrote:honest saleman :).

ROTFLMAO

As if ....
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby petal666 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Partially completed websites are worse than none at all.
Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby photohiker on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 pm

I ordered a Benro QR-1 Plate from Tony at this shop.

No problem. Item arrived quickly and they were very helpful.

I posted about it in the QR plates - why so expensive? thread.

Michael
photohiker

Postby Mr Darcy on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 am

I was in the market for a monopod, so I wandered down to take a look.
Very impressed with Tony A very helpful guy. Not all his advice was "Buy this"
They stock most if not all the Benro range. I came away with a MC-91 Monopod,($170 seems to be a good quality Gitzo clone) and some thoughts for the future.
THey also stock lots of lighting options, mostly Boling, but change to a Korean brand at the top end (I missed the name - not interested for myself) . Kits ranged from from around $350 (similar to the ones here) to $1000 (2x400W 1x300W + softboxes, stands, umbrellas etc) They also sell separately of course.
They also have rolls of background paper (about $70) and supports for same at around $100

And of course all the usual accessories - batteries filters etc, but I didn't pay much attention.

The Studio space looked impressive, but as I don't have experience with these, I can't really comment.
Tony assured me the phones are now working
Oh and there is a 5 Minute parking space out the front. Handy for pickups/ drop offs.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby Geoff on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:41 am

They've taken a LONG time to get their website functional!
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby SuperJT on Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 am

Hi.

I got my M-257 and KB-2 ball head from them on Saturday. Tony was very quick with email enquiry responses and had no problem with me bringing in my gear to test on the set up.

One small hitch: he did give me a discount for that setup (in line with the discounts that they seem to give on their ebay store), but he wanted cash for that price. So I went and got cash while he prepared the stock. When I got back, I did have a quick glance to see the stuff was there (I had to be quick as time was running out on the meter) but didn't notice that the quick release plate was missing from the ballhead. Needless, to say that when I got home and saw this I was well pissed off. I rang him immediately and then had to drive all the way back into the the city to swap the head out, which he did without question. No real apology on their part nor any offer to get it to me in any way.

So, a slightly annoying start, but the it's all set up and it looks pretty good to me. I'll give qualified approval. Just be careful - it's obvious that they do open the stock so they can put their "Photo-Shop-Studio" stickers on there (which I have removed anyway), so make sure that everything is there.
Canon 50D - EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS - EF 100-400 L - EF 50 f1.8
SuperJT

Return to Trader Opinions