CF Cards

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

CF Cards

Postby TonyH on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:06 am

I know this has been dealt with a thousand times, however, the prices on CF cards are continually changing and you guys always seem to know where the bargains are...... :D

I'm looking to buy a few 8gb or 16gb CF cards soon. Which company represents the best value seeing as how the Pacific Peso is doing so well at the moment? Obviously considering shipping as well as the actual card cost.

Thanks, Tony.
All I know, is that I don't know enough.....
TonyH

Postby garyr on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Tony,

A friend recently bought a couple of 8gb Sandisk Extreme IV from Amazon on special - don't recall exactly how much he paid but the price seemed really good. They are currently listed at US$179, and the Extreme III 8GB listed at US$115. Best to search their site.

Prices seem to be quite varied, even from the same retailer, so look out for the specials.

Cheers
GaryR

40D, 24-105L/F4, 50/1.8, no talent
garyr

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:55 am

I'd be checking Amazon and B&H. I think a card from the US, including shipping, is still cheaper than our local suppliers.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby adam on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:11 am

I ordered from Adorama a month ago.

After dividing up the shipping, it came to AUD$122 per card.
Then after a few weeks, the special of $99.95 disappeared and then another special of $149.95 (plus a rebate), :(

I still haven't opened and used mine yet, but I will be soon, when I know I need to shoot a lot!

Check on Amazon.com and see where it suggests the cheapest place online is :)

edit: package tracking and waiting for something to arrive is very killing! I kept updating the tracking page every few minutes waiting for a status update. Then sat here running to the door at every little sound...!
---
Equipment: camera body, wide lens, standard lens, telephoto lens, flash
Wish list: skill
adam

Return to Trader Opinions