HKSupplies - eBay Store

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby gstark on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:19 am

shakey wrote:If there is any cut I'd prefer DSLusers to get it rather than Paypal.

There is and we do. :)

It helps to bay the bills that keep the lights on here in the forum.

Having said that there is nothing to stop anyone ordering through ebay if it works out cheaper.

Exactly, and I'm never going to tell people otherwise.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby MATT on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:12 am

shakey wrote:I'm happy the way it is. Bank account transfers take 0 - 48 hours. The couple of things I've ordered came speedily. If there is any cut I'd prefer DSLusers to get it rather than Paypal. Having said that there is nothing to stop anyone ordering through ebay if it works out cheaper. I'm not going to tell you how much more my benro legs were after they disappeared off the bargain list....grrr. Then they reappeared on the list a few days after my shipment from another supplier arrived...Oh well :)

Agree totally. the things I have purchased have all arrived quickly and painfree.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I can understand what people feel when the hand over $4-5k and cant get any feed back. Especially if they have worked hard for the cash and its a major investment.But I think Poon and Gary over our time here have proved both reliable and trustworthy...

Just my 2cents

MATT
MATT

Postby Onyx on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Just to add my two cents:

As a former and hopefully recurring employee of HKSupplies, if you wish to order from HKSupplies (BTW, ebay username is "etefore" - I didn't see it mentioned scanning the past four pages). The ebay store usually has the same items listed in multiple currencies. With auctions lasting typically 5-7 days, and foreign currency exchange rates varying with greater frequency - it is a good idea to view the item listings in different currencies to ascertain which is cheapest at the time of your intended purchase. This tip has been mentioned previously by users above.

If you don't qualify for access to the bargains section on this forum, and wish to purchase from HKSupplies, you may also email directly: sales@hksupplies.com. Please note that English is not the first language for many of the office staff members at HKSupplies.
Ask in plain English, preferebly in list notation of what you want and the quantity, and you will likely receive a prompt reply. I suspect the majority of unanswered emails were from users who used unnecesarily complex sentences in English which are not immediately understood. If you email HKSupplies directly (as oppsed to using their ebay store), you will likely get a better price, as they do not have to add on the additional costs of ebay listing and transaction fees. This could be $5-10 on smaller cheaper items, but as much as $50 for camera bodies.

NB: everyone should understand that purchases from HKSupplies are grey market. Not only to you the end user, but to HKSupplies as well. ie. they source their products from not only Hong Kong (where they are based), but other parts of Asia, Japan, North and South America as well. In cases of warranty claims, they are sent back to their respective places when you send the item back to HKSupplies. They keep track of paperwork in a bottom drawer, and deal with any issues from the warranty supplier.... all you have to do is send it back to them (which in my opinion is less stressful than having to deal directly with a contract repairer on behalf of an Australian official importer/distributor, along with communicating with their outsourced customer service centres - which is often the case for many warranty claims on electronic consumer goods).
Onyx

Postby agriffiths on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm

I just ordered a Nikon 10.5mm fisheye with Poon through Gary's bargain section.

Payment was made this morning so fingers crossed for the next few days. I'll report back when the pacakge arrives :).
agriffiths

HKSupplies - invoice

Postby broadbean on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:06 pm

Took a little while, but I just received an invoice (in USD$) from HKSupplies via e-mail after I requested one for proof of purchase. It came as an editable Excel spreadsheet.

For those who ask nicely and don't have time constraints, it is possible to get an invoice from them.
broadbean

Postby zafra52 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:02 pm

agriffiths, I don't think you should worry too much. I mentioned somewhere above that I bought from Poon (three separate occasion for a flash and two lenses) and I would not hesitate to do it again. Sometimes take a bit longer depending on availability, but my saving overall were huge in comparison to what I would have paid in a local shop (I practically I consider I got a lens for free). So, my friend be reasonable and patient and you will not be disappointed for I know I wasn't.

By the way, I have always received an invoice with the equipment when it arrived.
zafra52

Previous

Return to Trader Opinions