Digital-Rev Slooooow delivery

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Digital-Rev Slooooow delivery

Postby devilla101 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:23 pm

Well I needed an 82mm UV and CPL for a fishing trip this weekend. The only ebay store that sells them together is from Digital-Rev. So I figured I can save on postage costs and should be here by the time I make the trip

I ordered on the 9th April and to my suprise just received a confirmation email last night saying my orders finally shipped!!

Geeeeez talk about a slow process.

Never again!
devilla101

Postby Yi-P on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Maybe they didnt have stock for this item? 82mm is pretty rare to find actually, specially that CPL! Should have been expensive :shock:
Yi-P

Postby devilla101 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but on their page it states they have several available.

A Hoya 82mm Super HMC Pro and CPL both cost me approx $150 inc postage. Both for my Sigma 24-70mm

Kinda waste of money now cause I'm planning to save and purchase the 17-55mm which I think has a 77mm thread.

Oh well, thank God for Poon eh :)
devilla101

Postby joey on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:06 pm

I'd never buy anything from this company again.
I am still trying to return the LX-1 to them which I bought for my gf last year. I've started emailing them at the end of the February. I have been asked to conact Panasonic Australia, various workshops in Australia that repair Panasonic cameras which will provide a quote etc.
Nikons: D200, N80. Nikkors: 20-35 f/2.8 AFD, 50mm f/1.4 AFD. Speedlights: SB800.
joey

Postby devilla101 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Hey joey

Yeah I read your post about that earlier on.

Geez, can't believe its been dragging on. Good luck on that mate, fingers X all this patience will pay-off
devilla101

Postby SteveGriffin on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:42 pm

I had a very bad experience with DigitalRev as well. Took 6 weeks to deliver a lense that was broken when it arrived and then had a HUGE battle getting it replaced.

Wouldn't touch them with your barge pole :!:
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------
So many things to do - so little time.
SteveGriffin

Return to Trader Opinions