Quality Camera Sales Australia (Perth)

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Quality Camera Sales Australia (Perth)

Postby joey on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Just want to let forum users know about excellent customer service this trader has provided when I ordered Lowepro Mini AW bag and Copper Hill Sensor Swipe 14mm Kit.

I've ordered the items on Sunday. The items have been delivered to me today. This trader is registered re-seller of Copper Hill products in Australia and offered the best price on the Lowepro Mini AW bag in Australia.

I ordered the items separately, I asked Stu Simmonds - the proprietor of the company - to combine the orders. He did and sent me a refund of $10.

It's always good to find traders in Australia that provide excellent customer services and sell the items at competitive prices.
Nikons: D200, N80. Nikkors: 20-35 f/2.8 AFD, 50mm f/1.4 AFD. Speedlights: SB800.
joey

Postby Laurie on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:31 pm

I have to agree 100%
i purchased pretty much the exact same items as you (A lowepro bag & Copper Hill Sensor Swipe 14mm Kit!)
ordered them on Saturday and they arrived today!
He runs an excellent business and distance isn't an object!

I recommend him and have used him twice now. the only problem is he is a Canon fanboy :P
Laurie

Postby joey on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:42 pm

Laurie wrote:...the only problem is he is a Canon fanboy :P

That's probably the only problem you will find with this trader. :wink:
Nikons: D200, N80. Nikkors: 20-35 f/2.8 AFD, 50mm f/1.4 AFD. Speedlights: SB800.
joey

Postby PiroStitch on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:52 pm

Ahh you're just jealous of us Canon fanboys :P
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Postby moz on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:17 pm

But if you want Oz-warranty Canon gear he's very hard to beat. I got my 24-70 very quickly thru him (I was in a hurry after being screwed around by another trader), and for a reasonable price.
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby michael_ on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:20 pm

not really, you can still buy overseas and receive international warranty which is the same as australian warranty and pay a hell of alot less than alot of australian retailers.
michael_

Postby moz on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:33 pm

michael_ wrote:not really, you can still buy overseas and receive international warranty which is the same as australian warranty and pay a hell of alot less than alot of australian retailers.

You are, I presume, talking about returning goods to their point of purchase overseas for warranty? Poon, as far as I'm aware, does not offer Australian warranty but instead that sort of deal.

In my experience Canon are explicit that if you bring a grey market camera in for "warranty" service they will charge you for it. You can instead choose to return it to where you bought it from and use whatever warranty service is available there, but that is not what I'd call "international warranty". There is a significant difference between "ride out to Ryde and drop camera off" and "post camera to Hong Kong" in my experience. Both in quality of service, and speed of turn-around.

This does not apply to L lenses, however, which do have a real international warranty - take it out to Canon and all they care about is that you have a dated receipt.

FWIW, the lens from QualityCameras was less than 10% more expensive than post from HK, and cheaper if I wanted overnight delivery from a credit card purchase.
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby foonji on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 pm

yeah great service indeed, have bought several items and not had a problem! 8)
foonji

Postby skyva on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:48 pm

I bought a copper hill kit as well and it was delivered fast. No probs here. The kit works well too.
skyva

Postby Big V on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:53 pm

I have brought a few things from there and they have awesome and speedy service. Nice to be bale to phone through the order as well and know it is in the post that arvo.
Canon
Big V

Postby joey on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm

PiroStitch wrote:Ahh you're just jealous of us Canon fanboys :P

We are not jealous of Canon fanboys. There's nothing to be jealous of. :lol:

PS: The 5D owners are not considered as Canon fanboys
joey

Postby adam on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am

I also got my Sensor sweep and stuff very quick!
and happy that's it's all canon!
---
Equipment: camera body, wide lens, standard lens, telephoto lens, flash
Wish list: skill
adam

Postby aussichef on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 am

i also bought a senor swip kit from him
fast delivery & very pleasnt man to talk to on the phone & very free with advice too
warren
aka aussichef
Nikon D50/D80 Nikon,MB-D80 70-200 2.8 VR,Sigma 18-50 2.8, Kenko 1.4x TC, 2 kit lenses ,Nikon 50mm f1.8 Nikon SB-600 Tamron 90mm 2.8 Canon 500D closeup lens
aussichef

Location: Port Vincent , and Tanunda South Australia,Australia

Postby radar on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 am

moz wrote:In my experience Canon are explicit that if you bring a grey market camera in for "warranty" service they will charge you for it. You can instead choose to return it to where you bought it from and use whatever warranty service is available there, but that is not what I'd call "international warranty". There is a significant difference between "ride out to Ryde and drop camera off" and "post camera to Hong Kong" in my experience. Both in quality of service, and speed of turn-around.

Moz if quite correct here. Quality Camera Sales used to sell grey market Canon gear. With his good friendly service he must have been doing pretty good. He got jumped on by Canon a while back! It was something to the effect that the Canon gear that he was importing had not passed the "Australian electrical safety regulations". It didn't really matter that the gear was exactly the same as the gear sold in camera shops, it just didn't have that Australian certification sticker. For him to get that type of approval would have cost him lots of $$$.

So in the end, he decided to sell the Canon gear bought through Canon Australia. Glad to see he has kept his prices very competitive.

I have also bought a cleaning kit and some filters from him, great service.

Cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby michael_ on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 pm

moz wrote:
michael_ wrote:not really, you can still buy overseas and receive international warranty which is the same as australian warranty and pay a hell of alot less than alot of australian retailers.

You are, I presume, talking about returning goods to their point of purchase overseas for warranty? Poon, as far as I'm aware, does not offer Australian warranty but instead that sort of deal.

In my experience Canon are explicit that if you bring a grey market camera in for "warranty" service they will charge you for it. You can instead choose to return it to where you bought it from and use whatever warranty service is available there, but that is not what I'd call "international warranty". There is a significant difference between "ride out to Ryde and drop camera off" and "post camera to Hong Kong" in my experience. Both in quality of service, and speed of turn-around.

This does not apply to L lenses, however, which do have a real international warranty - take it out to Canon and all they care about is that you have a dated receipt.

FWIW, the lens from QualityCameras was less than 10% more expensive than post from HK, and cheaper if I wanted overnight delivery from a credit card purchase.

You answered my answer :) re international warranty.

FWIW Discount Digital import their gear but do have the "Australian electrical safety regulations" sticker on their items, it was the first thing i did their on my first day on the job.
michael_

Postby phillipb on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm

I just purchased a slingshot 300 from Quality Cameras and I must say, I was very impressed.
I emailed Stu asking him to let me know when they came into stock, he replied promptly, I paid for it on Monday night and Received it today.
I emailed him again this afternoon with a stupid question, I couldn't find the compartment with the all weather cover, I expected an email back, instead I got a phone call from him a few minutes later and talked me through exactly where it was. Can't ask for more.
Price wasn't bad either, $189.00 delivered.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby binky on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 pm

$189 delivered is pretty good. Same price as ordering from B&H and getting shipped to Aust.
binky

Postby methd on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:01 am

i've only heard good things about these guys... too bad i have a nikon ! :)
methd

Postby BBJ on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 pm

Stu, is on the ball with things and does a good job and fast delivery as i often get cleaning kits from him.
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby big pix on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:22 pm

I use these guys in Sydney and find their prices very good...... slingshot 300 $145.00......

http://www.cameras.net.au/

I have stuff delivered to Narooma over night...... good service
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Return to Trader Opinions