DigitalRev

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

DigitalRev

Postby joey on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi,

I have purchased several items from DigitalRev store based in HK in the past. Among those items was Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1. The camera is still under warranty.

According to the information on DigitalRev's website, Australian customers are provided with local contact in case the items purchased from DigitalRev needs be returned for repair.

I looked at their website; I could not find any contact information of their "Australian branch". Nor I could reach them on the phone in HK. Emails I have sent to this company have not been replied either.

Does anyone know DigitalRev's contacts in Australia?

Thanks!
joey

Postby fozzie on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:05 pm

joey,

The following will explain the reason for no response from DigitalRev:

Holidays in Hong Kong:

The day preceding Lunar New Year's Day - 17 Feb - Saturday
The second day of the Lunar New Year - 19 Feb - Monday
The third day of the Lunar New Year - 20 Feb - Tuesday

fozzie
fozzie
Key Member

Postby joey on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Damn it! Okay, thanks:)
joey

Postby joey on Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Finally, I've got an email from this company. They told me to go to a local repair shop to check it and get the quote before they will give me local contact in Australia. :roll:
joey

Postby joey on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:30 am

After the Rep. mixed up the cameras, finally, I was congratulated that the serial number matches. Now, I have to call up Panasonic and find a repair shop that can service Panasonic cameras. Let DigitalRev know about the problem and then, it will be decided if I will need to send the camera to their *branch* in Australia or back to HK.

After spending around $2000AUS buying two compact cameras: Ricoh GR-D and Panasonic Lumix LMC-LX1 and some accessories. I don't think I am going to buy from store anything else.
joey

Postby Paul on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:03 pm

I need to do the same, our DMC-LZ2 has just died for no apparent reason, we've used it about 15 times and its just out of it's Oz warranty.
Not happy Jan! :( :evil:
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby joey on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Does anyone know if there's an office in HK similar to the Fair Trading Office in Australia where international customers can lodge a complaint?

The trader does not accept the camera I purchased from the on eBay which is covered by the warranty. Neither does it provide "local contact" in Australia to the Australian customers which it promises in its advertisements on eBay and on its website.

I cannot find this secretive "local contact" in Australia for this trader anywhere. :wink:
Nikons: D200, N80. Nikkors: 20-35 f/2.8 AFD, 50mm f/1.4 AFD. Speedlights: SB800.
joey

Return to Trader Opinions