WA - Nikon Service

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

WA - Nikon Service

Postby Andyt on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Hartland Camera repairs are the Nikon Service agent here in WA.
As a result of a fall (see "D2x & Me .. A Sorry Tale) I had cause to send my D2x and 28 - 70 lens to them for checking and adjust & repair as necessary.

After the fall it would not focus, hunting forward and backward and seemed to be moving slower. Also, the lens hood had been forced back over the lens barrell. A phone call to Hartland Photographics resulted in the advice to either "test it out or send it in". Thirty minutes later I received a call from Ray Harland who went through some possibilities of what was wrong, all resuling in the need to send it in for checking and any adjustment required.

I sent the body & lens by Express Post on the Friday, Tuesday I called to confirm arrival to be told that they were working on the body now, again thirty minutes later Ray called and confirmed that adjustment was needed by shiming one corner of the "parallelism and back focus". He also asked if I needed a new LCD cover, as I had not noticed it was missing and a replacement lens hood is on order.

Thur PM I recieved another call to say that "the lens checked O'K and would I like them to do the firmware upgrade before sending it back?" Friday I recieved back the body and lens with a written account and firmware advice on the new features.

Now I have back again after 7 days a camera that I have 100% confidence in and am amazed at this standard of servive here in WA.

For those of us here in the West, I cannot recommend Hartland Camera Repairs highly enough for speed of service and communication with thier customers! A+++ :lol:

Its a shame I can't be repaired as quick!!

Cheers, Andy
Andyt

Postby adam on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:12 pm

Excellent!
I wish Canon's service centre was so efficient (they told me that it'll take 4 weeks because they have to send to Sydney)
---
Equipment: camera body, wide lens, standard lens, telephoto lens, flash
Wish list: skill
adam

Postby Escapism on Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:16 pm

Good to know. Just today I dropped my D70s off at GerryGibbs for a warranty repair on the inbuilt flash (clicks open but doesnt fire, not a huge problem as I rarely use it, prefering the SB800). Camera is 18months old, very glad I purchased the extended warranty.

Will the repair be handled by GerryGibbs or will it end up at Hartland?

Escapism
http://www.EcoMuseImages.com

"All it takes is a little vision, a lot of guts and a big decision"
Escapism

Return to Trader Opinions