Big Tick "Masterpieces by ND Photography"

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Big Tick "Masterpieces by ND Photography"

Postby MATT on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:38 pm

A big tick goes out to Dave Wall at Masterpieces by ND Photography.

http://www.masterpiecesphotography.com.au

I recently got a canvas printed and am very happy with the result and the service.

The school my kids go to was holding an art show and parents were asked to submit something. Being slack I left it to the last minute..I had contacted Masterpieces a while ago about a quote but had done nothing about it.

Dave was very helpful, after explaining my deadline, I email him a 16mb jpg from photoshop cropped to the size I wanted.

That was the 13th November on the 15th he emailed and told me that it was printed awaiting stretching and would be sent out by 17th..

However the item arrived on the 17th( Remembering I live nearly in the middle of nowhere).Wrapped and protected well and mounted perfectly..

The price for a 26x16 was $140 and delivery $40..

The only gripe was colour management, but seeing I don't have a calibrated LCD or anything it was always going to be a struggle. Dave did however say if colour was super critical a test strip for a fee($25) could be done before hand.

All in all I was more than happy with the help with preparing my image, the printed result and the swiftness of transaction.

Below is a picture of the canvas displayed at the art show( as you can see beside some steller kids art).

If you are thinking of getting a canvas done I would not hesitate in recommending them..

Cheers

MATT
MATT

Postby Kyle on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:48 pm

Great price on the print, but freight charge feels overpriced to me :)

Nice choice of image for the show :)
Kyle

Postby Critter on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:55 pm

that looks great!
Chris
D300 | D80 | 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 35 f/2 | 105VR f/2.8 | 18-200VR | SB600 | R1 | GP-1 |
Critter

Postby moggy on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:51 pm

Kyle wrote:Great price on the print, but freight charge feels overpriced to me :).....

If you have a look at Aus Post's price list you'll find they charge an arm and a leg if you live in the bush. :wink:

8)
Bob.

I used to be indecisive..but now I'm not so sure.

Nikon D300 + Glass + Stuff
moggy

Return to Trader Opinions