Purchasing gear in Bangkok?

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Purchasing gear in Bangkok?

Postby DVEous on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:49 pm

... Obsolete ...
Last edited by DVEous on Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVEous

Postby Glen on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:46 pm

Adam, I will be in Bangkok on Thursday. Last time I was there found no particular bargains looking at a number of stores in places like MBK centre and Siam centre etc. Whilst by no means a local, I found many prices more expensive than Poon, with the odd item close. A local may be able to direct you to the best place to purchase, probably much cheaper than where I was, Juztin? springs to mind.

I think we need to find the factory and see if we can get some factory door specials :wink:
Glen

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:48 pm

I was in Bangkok a few months ago, and photographic gear is not cheap there.

You'd be better off buying in Australia both in terms of price and also warranty.

I'd try HK Airport though.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby Alex on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Hi Adam,

Computer stuff, including CF cards, etc can be bought much cheaper than in Oz at PANTIP plaza in BKK. As for photographic equipment - save your money for Singapore and HK - more expensive than Oz, in most cases.

Enjoy your trip, I'm sure you'll love it.

Alex
Alex

Postby Link on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:43 am

Places like MBK and Pantip Plazza are huge and it can be hard to find a good deal on photo equipments. I'd recommand Sunny Camera on Silom, they're an official Nikon dealership ("Nik" in Thai) and have a good range of products at non-touristy prices.

That said, the others are right - prices in Hong Kong (especially Mongkok) are still cheaper...

Link.
Link

Return to Trader Opinions